View Diary: Regarding Guns... (95 comments)

•  Apparently... (2+ / 0-)
    VClib, ancblu

not only are you not looking for converts, you are not  looking for real solutions either.

"I was so easy to defeat, I was so easy to control, I didn't even know there was a war." -9.75, -8.41

by RonV on Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 03:22:19 PM PST

•  I can't convert the delusional. (2+ / 0-)

I can convert those who want this madness to end.

So are you delusional, or do you actually want people to stop being murdered by guns every day?

"Compassion is not weakness, and concern for the unfortunate is not socialism." - Hubert Humphrey

by Killer of Sacred Cows on Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 03:35:26 PM PST

•  Why don't you just ask me... (1+ / 0-)
        ancblu

if I still beat my wife, or some other logical fallacy? Asking such loaded questions is further indication of the inability to discuss this realistically. Thanks for proving my point.

by RonV on Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 03:45:29 PM PST

•  What are your proposals (1+ / 0-)
          DefendOurConstitution

to end gun violence that don't involve arming the entire citizenry to the teeth? I'm quite serious.

Those who are gun nuts (aka "you will pry them from my cold, dead hands" crowd) are delusional. Are you delusional, or reasonable?

by Killer of Sacred Cows on Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 03:56:22 PM PST

•  I would go for more far reaching solutions to... (0+ / 0-)

violence in America. Such as ending the war on drugs and working toward economic equality.

But shorter term band aids, and (IMHO) far less effective steps would include limited capacity magazines. Although there are so many out there now that implementation of such a restriction would be problematic.  Tighter restrictions on firearms purchasing. Limiting the numbers of weapons purchases per transaction, and/or federal notification and tracking of such purchases.

There may be more, but being barred from discussing the established constitutional issues involved definitely limits the discussion.

Banning all firearms, or establishing lists and overall registration are most likely going nowhere.  The insurance thing? Not likely to happen either.  Although the insurance companies would love it.

by RonV on Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 04:33:58 PM PST

•  If you want to end violence... (0+ / 0-)

Ban drone bombs.

•  KoSC "delusional"? (0+ / 0-)

When someone writes about what could be accomplished politically given that the GOP controls the House, and many Democratic members of the House and Senate are strong supporters of gun ownership, they are delusional? It seems to be that they are being pragmatic.

"let's talk about that"