View Diary: The Madmen Win Again? (257 comments)

•  Who's "we?" I'm starting to wonder that (8+ / 0-)

more and more.

In 2011, Meteor Blades said to me that if you constantly criticize someone (like Obama) eventually they just get up and walk away from the table.

I said "I don't feel like I'm at the table with Obama, unless I'm the waitress taking his order."

Not sure there is any "we" that includes both us and the President. Which is pretty damned depressing.

if necessary for years; if necessary, alone

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 01:48:31 PM PST

•  "we" haven't been at the table since summers (2+ / 0-)
      SouthernLiberalinMD, BobSoperJr

rahm, geithner, bernanke ...

I gave up on this guy, AND his clinton branch of the Democratic Party, when AHIP-Care stumbled through the gates.

From '80 to '08 I voted Democratic POTUS 8 times - in 2010 I wrote in "Medicare ForALL" for almost ALL state and federal offices, and I wrote "mywife" in 2012 for POTUS.

Until we stop supporting sell outs with our nickels and dimes and seconds of time, until we stop accepting these sell outs cuz of Lessor Of Two Evil, we're gonna keep getting sold out.

Take 100% of the population, subtract the 1%, subtract their chief toadies in the thug party, subtract their racist sexist drooling bigoted flat earth supporters, and subtract the yuppie sell out scum like Rahm-Arne-Summers...

you got 80%++ of the population.

The market is there for non sell out scum and for non 1% ass kissers.

rmm.

Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much: such men are dangerous

by seabos84 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 02:36:27 PM PST

•  No. What I said was that when you constantly... (1+ / 0-)
      Just Bob

...criticize someone for the stuff they do or say that you disagree with and do not also praise them for the stuff they do that you agree with, THEN they get up and walk away.

I've said that often before anybody but his family and friends even knew who Obama was. There is a difference between what you say I said and what I actually said.

by Meteor Blades on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 07:31:47 PM PST

•  OK, I stand corrected. Sorry. My point was this: (0+ / 0-)

I haven't felt like I'm "at the table" with Obama for a very long time.

I wasn't trying to call you out, or making a point about what you said. The focus of my comment was on how I felt. I reported it as I remembered it. Sorry for the mistake.

if necessary for years; if necessary, alone

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 08:12:51 PM PST

•  I understand the not being at the table... (2+ / 0-)
          Just Bob, SouthernLiberalinMD

...matter. It's one of my key criticisms of President Obama. Some people complain that we on the left are upset because we aren't getting everything we want. Now, perhaps there are some who actually say that. But my gripe is that, from the beginning, the left has been the odd group out. I never expected (from Obama or any Democratic president) to get all I want. But the ideas of the left ought to be listened to, to be respected, to be actually considered as legitimate as part of the deliberations over policy. That has happened all too rarely in this presidency.

by Meteor Blades on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 08:41:12 PM PST

•  Exactly. I voted for him (the first time) knowing (0+ / 0-)

he wasn't a progressive. I thought he would be fair, and what I consider a true centrist--someone who actually listens to all sides and tries to take something good from as many of them as possible.  But IMO he's just another corporate guy--one that has some damned scary ideas about civil liberties and his executive's powers.

if necessary for years; if necessary, alone