View Diary: The Bushmaster 223: An Upstate New York Success Story (56 comments)

•  Well, here you go, then... (8+ / 0-)

I can answer your concerns, at least from my own point of view -- with the acknowledgement that I do not own nor care to own a Bushmaster.

"Better fragmentation upon impact" means better stopping power, which is useful for both self-defense and hunting, as well as prevents the overpenetration that many people worry about (for instance, a self-defense shot going through a wall to strike an unintended target).

Claims about certain types of ammo ruining a cookout simply shows ignorance about preparing wild game.

Why I "stock thousands of rounds" is because when I find a good price, I stock up -- and there is often a significant price reduction when buying in bulk, particularly military surplus ammo.

I couldn't respond to your reference to "extended magazines" without a clearer indication to what you are referring.  Something like a twenty- or thirty-round magazine is quite useful for either target shooting or, the main reason I use one, for pest control (my area is overrun with wild hogs which can destroy an entire season of crop growing in a week).

The only government takeover of my life, as you describe it, that I envision in the near future is the continued encroachment upon privacy issues, largely undertaken by the Republican part (although, sadly, Democrats do the same now and then).

So, there is a coherent answer for you.  You may disagree with it, or choose to disregard it, but I'm willing to state, on my own behalf, that it is most certainly coherent.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 05:15:02 AM PST

•  Actually, that's an incoherent lie. (4+ / 0-)
      Buckeye54, SilentBrook, Inventor, splashy

I've helped butcher deer.

And none of the actual hunters I've helped were dumb enough to hunt with fragmenting ammo, precisely because it makes the processing extremely tedious.

"What could BPossibly go wrong??" -RLMiller "God is just pretend." - eru

by nosleep4u on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 09:02:16 AM PST

•  Oh, and typical (2+ / 0-)
      Smoh, Inventor

condescension. Nice start there.

And you're probably all huffy about why people treat you the way you get treated. Funny.

"What could BPossibly go wrong??" -RLMiller "God is just pretend." - eru

by nosleep4u on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 09:05:26 AM PST

•  Who's huffy? (1+ / 0-)
        ER Doc

Someone made an inaccurate statement about fragmenting ammo, which I corrected.

I also responded to their statement that no one has ever been able to give them a coherent response to some questions, offering a coherent set of answers to those questions, at least from my own perspective.

So, you are incorrect about both my being huffy and any condescension on my part.

Your claim of my "incoherent lie" simply exposes your ignorance on the subject -- not my problem.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 10:01:09 AM PST

•  No, someone made and accurate comment (0+ / 0-)

and you responded with a demonstrable lie.

"What could BPossibly go wrong??" -RLMiller "God is just pretend." - eru

by nosleep4u on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 10:36:59 AM PST

•  Nonsense. (0+ / 0-)

I can only assume that if you could show that my statement is a "demonstrable lie," then you would, y'know, demonstrate it.  Here's a hint -- asserting it is not the same as demonstrating it.

The fact that you haven't shows that you are just trying to make a personal attack against me.

That being the case, it is clear that you have no interest in carrying on an adult, meaningful discussion.

Good day to you.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Mon Jan 14, 2013 at 11:21:27 AM PST