View Diary: What's Happenin'? Anti-Torture Week 1.19.13 (74 comments)

•  Good Morning (5+ / 0-)

Dare I say I am proud of my Republican Senator looking into whether Aaron Schwartz prosecution was because of his exercise of his rights under the FOIA? I am and fuck Carmen Ortiz and this DOJ's priorities.

And now #Uppers.

And a lot of the time the people on twitter who disagree with me can disagree without spitting venom at me(someone dug up my first diary ever in 2007 to try to discredit me in my last diary). Imagine that? Sadly not the case here on this site and the real debate suffers.

Thanks, joanneleon

I don't negotiate grand bargains with deficit terrorists!

by priceman on Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 07:53:24 AM PST

•  Heh (3+ / 0-)
      joe shikspack, priceman, ek hornbeck

indeed, when was the last time they told Wall Street to stop whining and complaining? Same goes for the CEOs who think they run the world, telling everybody they now need to work until they are 70.

Yeah, I was happy to see Cornyn sending those questions to Holder in such a timely fashion.

Hope your weekend goes well, priceman!  Don't let the turkeys (and trolls) get you down.  Marcy had a troll harrassing her on Twitter yesterday and he sounded just like some of the rapid response team trolls we've seen around here for years.  Accusing her of CT, the whole deal.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 08:24:45 AM PST

•  Indeed, those CEOs have no ethics (1+ / 0-)
        ek hornbeck

Indeed, probably the only time I will be happy with something Cornyn has done.

You too! I'll try not to. It's more about the time they waste than anything else. I have reasonable opposition on twitter surprisingly whom are nice, but not here.

Ahh, one of those types. They can ask Joseph Wilson if Marcy peddles CT as he said she wrote the best book about the Valerie Playne incident during the Bush administration.

Thanks, joanneleon!

I don't negotiate grand bargains with deficit terrorists!

by priceman on Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 01:28:19 PM PST

•  Safety Net? (2+ / 0-)
      priceman, ek hornbeck

Interesting name for jail because that is the only place to get a roof over ones head in this day and age.

"Til you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules" John Lennon - Working Class Hero

by Horace Boothroyd III on Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 09:33:39 AM PST

•  You know what I mean (2+ / 0-)

SS/Medciare/Medicaid etc. If the safety net meant jail then we would have no worry about it being cut under this drug warrior protester jailing administration.

But yeah, if we are talking about housing I assume for some it could be the only safety net, but still a dangerous place to be.

I don't negotiate grand bargains with deficit terrorists!

by priceman on Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 01:30:31 PM PST

•  I know (2+ / 0-)
          priceman, ek hornbeck

I just think the phrase is best amended every time it is used to emphasize the dysfunction.

As in:

Broken Safety net

Shredded Safety Net

Safety Net Eviscerated by Republicans

Just at least as a way to let those not at the bottom to understand there is no fall back position they can take when inevitability strikes.

by Horace Boothroyd III on Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 02:10:43 PM PST

•  Well broken safety net I woulnd't use (2+ / 0-)

Rubinites and acolytes of Peter Peterson looking to loot and privatize it would like us to think it is broken but it is one of the few things that aren't broken.

I like shredded safety net and it's not just Republicans, it's new third way Democrats that are going to do it because they are the only ones who can let it happen like Nixon and China.

I don't negotiate grand bargains with deficit terrorists!

by priceman on Sat Jan 19, 2013 at 02:16:23 PM PST