View Diary: The RKBA From the Left - A Matter of Trust (375 comments)

•  Screech! Fail. (9+ / 0-)

We regulate alcohol more than guns?
    Were you one of Marc Emory's best customers?
    Sledding with Yukon Jack?
    How did Seagrams® fare during Prohibition?

Do me a favor and keep your Upper Canadian clap-trap under tighter rein.

•  What the heck? That seems unnecessarily harsh (11+ / 0-)
      Do me a favor and keep your Upper Canadian clap-trap under tighter rein

Since when is the party that embraces all the top tenets of Satan allowed to call the God shots?--wyvern

by voracious on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 11:47:19 AM PST

•  I dunno. (9+ / 0-)

How many people who are not canadian nor can vote in canadian elections visit canadian political blogs to tell the canadians how to run their country?

Many folks don't take kindly to having the neighbors yell advice on how to run the family home. I don't go to my neighbors and tell them that they should live according to my ideas. My ideas are not necessarily going to work for them.

It's safe to trust a sane person with the keys to nuclear weapons, but it's not safe to trust an insane person with the cleaners under the kitchen sink. The answer is not more gun control, it's people care.

by JayFromPA on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 01:33:37 PM PST

•  This response certainly leaves no doubt (3+ / 0-)
          balancedscales, JayBat, Debby

whether you are an American.

•  Unfortunately American politics has an (0+ / 0-)

effect on other countries. I think we take an interest in what Canada is doing.

Is there a site policy that I missed stating Canadians are not welcome? I really enjoy posts from members of this community who live in Iceland, England and even Canada.

by voracious on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 04:42:51 PM PST

•  All are welcome here, I think the offense that (4+ / 0-)
            annecros, noway2, PavePusher, ancblu

I'm feeling at the position being advanced by our neighbor from the North is the indignant stench of an authoritarian moral superiority.

I know what's good for you and you better do what I say!

Sounds hypocritical coming from us dirty Americans, I know.  We once stood as a beacon of justice, equality and humanity.  We became arrogant in our moral certainty that we were right and the rest of the world must act and do as we command.  Sadly, that image was one perpetuated by our government and it's leaders to con us into building an Empire for them and their elite corporate masters.

I've woken up to the charade.

That said, I thought I read the Canadians just dumped their mandatory registration of firearms because nobody was actually doing it, it failed and wasted millions.

So, why should we implement something they themselves can't get right? And since when did our constitution become a problem for anyone else?

After all, if you're worried about how we will treat the rest of the world, I'd think you wouldn't want us to continue to build our Empire on the backs of millions of innocents in the Middle East, South American and across the globe.  That Empire building will surely continue unabated when Democrats are removed from every level of our government if they continue down this path of self-destruction.  And I did say "they" not us, because I see this whole GC debate destroying this nation and dividing our party in the process and I don't want any part of that.

Hey, but that's just me.

by gerrilea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 11:08:25 PM PST

•  Your bigotry spoiled whatever point you... (7+ / 0-)

thought you were making.

Uncontrolled and unregulated equals death.  With alcohol or guns.

Tax and Spend I can understand. I can even understand Borrow and Spend. But Borrow and give Billionaires tax cuts? That I have a problem with.

by LiberalCanuck on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 12:00:59 PM PST

•  Typical. (0+ / 0-)

The nasty response is the last refuge of those who are clearly on the wrong side of our current reality. Clearly banning Pete Cortez and Kestrel9000 wasn't enough to get the message across.

I won't believe corporations are people until Texas executes one. Leo Gerard.

by tgrshark13 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 06:25:39 PM PST

•  Really, are you saying that we should not speak (5+ / 0-)

until spoken to?  We should remain silent?  Is that why Kestrel was banned again? Because he wouldn't remain silent or was it because he threatened someone?

Pete Cortez was kicked out of our group for his behaviors and then banned.  We didn't approve of his actions and told him on many occasions to "tone it down".

The nastiness you reference isn't anything even close to what we've had hurled at us.  Review my last diary and you'll see that truth.

I'm insulted and offended at your threats.  There is no "right or wrong" side of this debate.

What do you have to contribute to this discussion?  Anything constructive?

I don't recall seeing suggestions from you listed or debated.  Isn't that how we come to consensus, through public discourse?

by gerrilea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 11:20:26 PM PST