View Diary: Ravens @ Patriots AFC Championship - Liveblog (165 comments)

•  some teams you get tired of more quickly (6+ / 0-)

than others....

Personally, I never got tired of the Steeler Dynasty, even though I'm a West Coast fan.  But I got tired of the Pats after about 2004.  Awful tired.  Dog tired.

Oregon: Sure...it's cold. But it's a damp cold.

by Keith930 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 06:43:02 PM PST

•  So (1+ / 0-)
      kbman

the year you got tired of them is the last year they actually won the Super Bowl. So, what dynasty are you sick of, exactly?

See? It's all perception. Drives me CRAZY. I don't mind people rooting for other teams--that's certainly natural--but the Patriots Hate is absolutely insane. Their last championship was EIGHT years ago. So, what are people sick of? Them being consistently very-good-but-not-quite-good-enough? Really?

"Maybe: it's a vicious little word that could slay me"--Sara Bareilles

by ChurchofBruce on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 06:49:58 PM PST

•  Must have something to do with Tom Brady's wife. (3+ / 0-)
        mindara, kbman, ChurchofBruce

"It doesn't matter what I do....People need to hear what I have to say. There's no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn't matter what I live."--Newty

by Vico on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 06:51:17 PM PST

•  Well let me put it this way (1+ / 0-)
        kbman

I despise the Jets and they repeatedly suck.   It's in part because of their ineptness, it's in part because their coach is a joke.

In the case of the Pats, I don't actually have that much pat "hatred", but I would pick other teams ahead of them, primarily because again, I find your coach to be a dick.   Now, that doesn't mean he isn't successful or a damn good coach - he's both, and if we had a shot at him, I'd take him in a heart beat.   Doesn't mean though that I can't enjoy a bit when he fails.

It's kind of like Lane Kiffin.  No matter where Lane Kiffin goes, I'll always root against that team if I have a reason to.    Doesn't mean the team is bad or any good, but I would generally root to see him punked ;)

Gandhi's Seven Sins: Wealth without work; Pleasure without conscience; Knowledge without character; Commerce without morality; Science without humanity; Worship without sacrifice; Politics without principle

by Chris Reeves on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 06:52:53 PM PST

•  Eh. Lane Kiffin's a slimeball. (1+ / 0-)
          kbman

Belichick? He's a dick...to the media. I really don't find that all that objectionable :).

Y'see, I only hate the Jets because they're the Pats long-time geographical rivals. If I were a fan of a team not in the Northeast, not in the AFC East, that didn't play the Jets twice a year, a Bostonian not disposed to New York teams--I wouldn't hate them. Even with Rex.

"Maybe: it's a vicious little word that could slay me"--Sara Bareilles

by ChurchofBruce on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 07:49:27 PM PST

•  Yes. That's exactly what I'm sick of. (2+ / 0-)
        kbman, Odysseus

I'd like to see them finish 5-11 for a couple of seasons.

liberal bias = failure to validate or sufficiently flatter the conservative narrative on any given subject

by RockyMtnLib on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 07:18:36 PM PST

•  Agree. The Patriots are the most awful team (1+ / 0-)
      kbman

in football. I rejoince whenever they lose. They're outright cheaters. They're the bad guys.

I'm very happy when the good guys, like the Ravens, kick their pretentious asses.