View Diary: We don't all live in Newtown. But I do. (127 comments)

•  And let's remember who we're fighting this for: (20+ / 0-)

And not just for them, either, but as the President said, the child on the corner on Chicago as well as the other 900 shooting victims inthe past month, and all those who have fallen before.

Enough.

Obama and Sandy Hook kids

REMINDER: California now has a balanced budget.
    All they had to do was get rid of most of their Republicans.
    ~~ @LOLGOP

by smileycreek on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 10:30:45 AM PST

•  Smiley, where is this picture from? (2+ / 0-)
      smileycreek, glorificus

That jackass professor from FL who made a video about a conspiracy that Newtown never happened is using photos with that same little girl in the red dress saying she is one of the victims reported and that this picture was taken after the shootings.

An old girlfriend shared it on facebook this morning asking wtf the video was all about.

It's heinous. I'm curious about the source and event this picture is from.

I believe in democracy, civil liberties, and the rule of law. That makes me a liberal, and I’m proud of it. - Paul Krugman

by Gentle Giant on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 11:19:54 AM PST

•  This was released by White House photographer (7+ / 0-)

Pete Souza as part of a year-end retrospective.  The official caption reads:

December 16, 2012

"Two days after the shootings at Newtown, the President traveled to Connecticut to meet with the victims' families and give remarks at a prayer vigil. The President spent hours greeting family members. Difficult as that was for everyone, the one moment that helped sooth the pain was when he posed for a photo with the siblings and cousins of Emilie Parker, one of the 20 children who died that day in Newtown. I see both sadness and hope in this photograph, and I know after a lot of tears that day, it meant so much to the President that everyone was able to smile for a moment in this family photo. Thanks to the Parker family for allowing us to show this photograph publicly." (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

Here's a similar one:

obama_sandy_hook_children

Conspiracy nuts abide.

REMINDER: California now has a balanced budget.
        All they had to do was get rid of most of their Republicans.
        ~~ @LOLGOP

by smileycreek on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 11:31:04 AM PST

•  The professor's name is James Tracey. (3+ / 0-)
          smileycreek, glorificus, BachFan

And he stated the little girl in the red dress IS Emilie Parker and that the parents, in on the conspiracy, screwed up by letting her into the photograph.

What a douche. He's saying she was never shot. He is also saying the federal government employed actors that do disaster drills to facilitate the hoax.
          This guy needs a muzzle.

by Gentle Giant on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 12:01:16 PM PST

•  I apologize for inflicting this on you all, but (3+ / 0-)
            smileycreek, glorificus, hwstormer

here is the offending video, should you care to view it to understand what the nutcases are talking about. Sorry about your appetite.

by Gentle Giant on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 12:03:03 PM PST

•  Holy Crap, this conspiracy guy is saying my... (2+ / 0-)
              smileycreek, Gentle Giant

brother in law Karl who is a Fire Police member of the Sandy Hook Fire Dept is also Dr. Wayne Carver, the Chief States Medical Examiner.

As a retired Newtown Cop who worked with Dr. Carver on several fatal accidents, homicides and suicides as a detective, I can tell you my brother in law who directs traffic at fire incidents is in no way close to being Dr. Carver, white goatee or not.

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.--Adolph Hitler

by hwstormer on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 05:19:56 PM PST

•  WHen I went back to further caption this pic (2+ / 0-)
            glorificus, Gentle Giant

in my flickr account, I saw a comment there from two weeks ago that read:

False flag event. Why would photos be taken inside the band hall (apparently where the 'shootings' occured) with one of the alleged victims on obama's lap.
            The level of conspiracyt craziness around this president literally makes me sick.

REMINDER: California now has a balanced budget.
            All they had to do was get rid of most of their Republicans.
            ~~ @LOLGOP

by smileycreek on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 12:06:12 PM PST

•  Obama met with Sandy Hook family kids (3+ / 0-)

the sunday after the shooting when he was here for a memorial.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

by Greg Dworkin on Wed Jan 16, 2013 at 11:31:24 AM PST