View Diary: KosAbility: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh (206 comments)

•  The past is the past.. (11+ / 0-)

It wasn't Mom's fault she was insane. I protected my sisters as best I could, and eventually when my dad noticed what was happening he made her go to the doctor and it got figured out.

As for the seizures, I'm not sure what to do about those. Dad nearly sent me to the ER two days ago, because I lost the ability to speak after a bad batch for about 30 minutes. It came back, and I could still write and sign, just not speak. Usually I don't have bad neuro affects like that though.

by FloridaSNMOM on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 06:22:27 PM PST

•  ((((((((((((((((((Florida))))))))))))))))))))))))) (11+ / 0-)

Goodness ! Please, please, please get the seizures checked out. That is scary !  My roommate was, as I said elsewhere in the comment section, on Gabapentin for extreme pain. While her husband and I were out of the house, she had a seizure and choked and aspirated. Her husband found her cold. They are nothing to fool with.

Hugs,
                           Heather

Torture is ALWAYS wrong, no matter who is inflicting it on whom.

by Chacounne on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 06:36:24 PM PST

•  I will when I can.. (10+ / 0-)

I have the referal, and then they pulled my medicaid. I don't lose consciousness during them, and so far they have not shown up on an EEG at all.  I just twitch a lot, and this time I had a few neuro affects. But I'm never home alone, and I have both an older seizure alert dog (amongst other functions) and a pup in training (who is currently asleep next to me).
        Last time I went to the ER with them, they thought it was my thyroid which was overactive at the time. Now I've been treated for that and if anything my thyroid function is low, so.. not sure what's going on at this point. They have it listed as "unidentified involuntary muscle twitching" currently. I've been told too many times it was 'all in my head' or that I was 'faking it' because it didn't show on the EEG to feel comfortable about just going to the ER again.

by FloridaSNMOM on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 06:46:21 PM PST

•  what are you on? (6+ / 0-)

my husband has a seizure disorder and from time to time his meds need to be changed.  He always sees his neurologist after a bad one, even if it is a break through seizure.

Sounds like you should go see your doctor

Bumper sticker seen on I-95; "Stop Socialism" my response: "Don't like socialism? GET OFF the Interstate highway!"

by Clytemnestra on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 08:24:35 PM PST

•  Not on meds for that. (3+ / 0-)
        Alexandra Lynch, KelleyRN2, mapamp

It's not epilepsy they say, so no point going on anti-seizures meds. I haven't been to a neuro yet, because the week after I got the referral from my GP, they pulled my medicaid. Plus, the closest one that was on my medicaid was a 4 hour bus trip each way,which makes scheduling an appointment a bitch. Now I don't even know how to go about it until/unless Governor Voldemort gives in and expands medicaid or he's voted out and the next guy does.

by FloridaSNMOM on Sun Jan 20, 2013 at 10:04:28 PM PST

•  my husband's isn't epilepsy either (3+ / 0-)
          KelleyRN2, FloridaSNMOM, mapamp

but he is still on meds and has been since we where married.  Hopefully you'll be able to see a doctor soon.

by Clytemnestra on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 08:25:14 AM PST

• Hillary Clinton (18)
  • Education (18)
  • Media (16)
  • Freddie Gray (16)
  • Politics (16)
  • Barack Obama (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site