View Diary: The Human Behind the User Handle (194 comments)

•  Like you, I'm truly sick of the drama (4+ / 0-)

I signed up for DKos on Dec 13, 2004.   In the eight years that I've been here, it has gotten worse and worse.   You want to know what's most ironic? On Monday, they gush about what a great "community" this is;  and on Tuesday, they tear each other to shreds on the playground.   Once upon a time, dkos was a small political force with potential.  Now, it's a blog frequented by a bunch of unsupervised junior high kids thumping their chests and flinging their feces.

What we need is a Democrat in the White House.

by dkmich on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 03:22:49 AM PST

•  Sure.. (1+ / 0-)
      lazybum

..there were never any pie fights back in the early days.  Not even the one about Ginger's boobs that coined the phrase.  Not a one.  Nosirree.

Is the Booman Tribune even around anymore?  Might be a nice quiet place to hang out.

When extra-terrestrial beings make their first appearance on our planet, and ask for representatives of our species to best exemplify humanity, I'm sending a nurse, a librarian, and a firefighter.

by Wayward Son on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 04:50:55 AM PST

•  Don't put words into my mouth. (0+ / 0-)

Show me where I said they were never any pie fights in the early days?   Huh - where?

There were pie fights, but they weren't as often or as stupid.   Maybe they weren't as stupid just because they weren't as often.

Booman is a main stream Democrat.   You ought to give him a try.

What we need is a Democrat in the White House.

by dkmich on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 05:10:03 AM PST

•  BTW, your comment is exactly the type (2+ / 0-)
        AZ Sphinx Moth, 3goldens

that starts all of the bull shit.   Maybe if you respond to what is written instead of what you think someone said, communications would be less complicated for you.

What we need is a Democrat in the White House.

by dkmich on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 05:11:34 AM PST

•  What 'starts' all of this.. (1+ / 0-)
          lazybum

..is generally ad hominem attacks like "communications would be less complicated for ".  I have a lot of sympathy for folks who have difficulty communicating, and don't use learning comprehension as an insult.

by Wayward Son on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 06:02:03 AM PST

•  You mean like before or after you invited (0+ / 0-)

me to give Booman a try?

I wasn't talking to you, but you felt compelled to stop, respond, put words in my mouth, and then suggest I try a different blog.    Look in a mirror.

What we need is a Democrat in the White House.

by dkmich on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 06:20:01 AM PST

•  Where.. (0+ / 0-)

..did I invite you to try Booman?

by Wayward Son on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 06:21:24 AM PST

•  I imagine is was a lot smaller then. More (0+ / 0-)

people will always allow for more change. Different opinions, or different ways to express the same opinion.

And some true jerks, who can also vote.

*There are two sides to every horseshit.* Kos

by glorificus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 07:11:26 AM PST