View Diary: Erick Erickson tries to turn down the crazy ... and fails (182 comments)

•  Not true at all about George W. Bush (51+ / 0-)

As someone who thought Bush was an assclown and voted for Al Gore, I did NOT begin trashing Bush until he began the lying campaign to invade Iraq.  In fact, I was ready to support him in the weeks after 9/11 and even considered voting for his reelection if he handled things correctly in the aftermath of that tragedy (he obviously did not).

I completely disagree that liberals were trashing George W. Bush right out of the gate.  In fact I remember a remarkably quiet and tame political period from January 2001-September 2001.  The only controversy was over Bush halting funding for stem cell research.

When liberals got mad at W, it was because he STARTED A FREAKING WAR BASED ON LIES.  That's a pretty good reason.

•  That's when I googled Impeach George W Bush (11+ / 0-)

and found all these happy places.

I ♥ President Obama and have his back.
      Hands off SocSec, Medicare and Medicaid. NO subsidies to rich Corps.
      Rich pay more, bloated DoD steal less. End war on Afghanistan 01/01/14.

by OleHippieChick on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 02:55:03 PM PST

•  daily kos despised him from day one. (3+ / 0-)
      Jank2112, Alice Venturi, Jersey Jon

so you're wrong.
      he was trashed for stealing 2000.
      which he did.
      he was trashed here no non stop.
      as he should have been.
      and you have no memory of that?
      wow.
      then again, the fact that you were considering supporting him after 9/11 though speaks volumes.
      whether he handled it correctly or not.
      you then there is that.
      and the fifteen people who agreed with you that he was not being trashed by the left, liberals and Dems...please.
      too funny.

We consume the carcasses of creatures of like appetites, passions and organs with our own, and fill the slaughterhouses daily with screams of pain and fear. Robert Louis Stevenson

by Christin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 03:53:05 PM PST

•  Trashed or criticized and exposed? (15+ / 0-)

When I first came to KOS back in the summer of 2004, I was impressed by the seriousness of the discussion.  You'd get hammered pretty fast if you tried to BS on anything, even BS'ing on Bush.  The vast majority of diaries were well written, researched, and had the sources to back it up.  Of course there were epic fights, but that was entertaining now and then.  Somewhere in the last four years, it has gone downhill somewhat, but it's still heads and shoulders above most of it's peers.

The priest said, "Today's sermon is called 'Liars', but first I have a question. How many of you have read Chapter 66 in Matthew?" Nearly every hand went up. "You're just the group I need to speak to," the priest said. "There's no such chapter."

by Back In Blue on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 05:34:56 PM PST

•  exactly. and? who said there were not. (1+ / 0-)
          Jersey Jon

those kinds of diaries and comments. there were both.
          that is more than obvious and goes without saying.

but are you actually trying to claim that people could not come here and pull rage filled sad and angry quotes against bush? there were gadzillions of them and I DON"T care and don't think it's wrong.

what i'm saying is to pretend we are pure and completely civil and never called him names is silly.
          we most certainly did.

which is why i don't care about a bunch of posts on RS going he's a socialist, when DK called GW's term in office : a dictatorship, fascism, bloodthirsty, etc etc etc etc add a hundred more pleasant attributes.
          honestly. this "we did not" is the lamest thing I've read in years.

again - my point was: who cares.

by Christin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 05:53:15 PM PST

•  I think in my recollection, there used to be a lot (3+ / 0-)
            vcmvo2, wishingwell, inclusiveheart

more effort to criticize or "even trash" on substance than I've ever seen on RS or FR.    And also plenty of pushback on those who did—which I've never personally witnessed on RS of FR. Honestly, I can't remember ever seeing anything of substance on RS or FR. If Eric was not the owner and just a regular commenter he'd have been flamed and inevitably banned.

by Back In Blue on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 06:25:50 PM PST

•  these (1+ / 0-)
              athenap

Morons are sourcing Evita and KJV of the Bible. I'm Xtian and call bull.  We HR our own crazy rants.  So.  RedHate=Kos

FAIL

"There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order." Ed Howdershelt

by Lava20 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 06:52:41 PM PST

•  ??? (0+ / 0-)

Do you think I'm saying RS=Kos?

by Back In Blue on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 09:34:34 PM PST

•  No! (1+ / 0-)
                  Back In Blue

Agree with you.  Kos owns this site and he's been HR'd.

They lack substance.

by Lava20 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 11:20:05 PM PST

•  Cool. Thanks. (0+ / 0-)

by Back In Blue on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 11:27:14 PM PST

•  sorry (0+ / 0-)

You were spot on.

I'm xtian and would never bring anything Biblewise up here.

Separation of Church and State.

Cause you get God is okay with shit.

Evita?

The movie?  Can't do real research so andrew llyod webber will do?

Get for a laugh.

by Lava20 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 11:43:24 PM PST

•  I came here 8 years ago and people were troll (5+ / 0-)

rated for calling Bush, Hitler, or saying even half the stuff that is routinely posted on Red State.  This site would not put up with conspiracy theories about Bush, truthers, and calling Bush, Hitler.  I see the Obama and Hitler comparisions routinely on most conservative sites.  And the difference is, people are praised on conservative sites for bashing Obama and comparing him to Nazis. This was not allowed on DKos about Bush.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Mon Jan 21, 2013 at 09:27:48 PM PST

•  Re: G. W. Bush (14+ / 0-)

It wasn't all about the left losing an election to Bush. It was also about HOW he came into office in 2000 (ahem, Florida recount, Kathleen What's-her-name, Harris?).  If there were any resentment about a (God help us) Rmoney win, it would have been about the help of Citizens United big money, and his refusal to show us his tax returns but still winning. If someone wins fair & square, you can be sad but you accept it. If they win by foul means, then it's harder to accept and that shouldn't be confused w/ mindless resentment which is characterized by "I want my country back" or "Show us the birth certificate [again]." So, while it's tempting, I must say that in this case both sides don't do it.

•  Are you kidding? (9+ / 0-)

Bush began by dismantling the Clinton budget and, in essence, allowed his rich allies to pillage the country through tax breaks at the expense of programs that not only helped lower and middle class citizens, but kept the economy on an even keel.  He was a disaster from the day he was sworn in.

•  Precisely and while I volunteered and eagerly for (5+ / 0-)
      2014, CocoaLove, WinSmith, Karl Rover, DianeNYS

the Gore Campaign and all Democrats since the 70s and I cried when the SCOTUS appointed Bush and I was depressed for a long while; I did not bash Bush at all until he invaded Iraq.  I was hoping he and Ted Kennedy working together on education would be a good thing. I remember being quite supportiive of his dedication to the cause of treating and preventing AIDS in Africa and around the world.

It was not until he invaded Iraq, that I started in on him.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs