View Diary: Data Grab? Experian now controls web access to Social Security Admin (322 comments)

•  Nonsense? (5+ / 0-)

Bullshit.

I shave my legs with Occam's razor~

by triv33 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 11:51:59 AM PST

•  Let's just stipulate (0+ / 0-)

That you have no knowledge of the SSA-Experian arrangement. OK?

You have no idea of how much it would cost SSA to do this to their own satisfaction.
      You have no idea how much this arrangement is costing them.
      You have no idea how much SSA will save in front-line in-person service costs over the future if they can stand-up their on-line services effectively.

Just so we are both clear:
      You have no idea about any of the facts in this case.

What we do know is: You "don't believe in privatizing any part of any government services ever."

•  you can say the same about yourself, save... (2+ / 0-)
        gooderservice, m16eib

for the last sentence....

There’s a word for the people who keep complaining that the “ideologues” are getting in their way: Lobbyists. ~ RJ Eskow

by poligirl on Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 12:23:45 PM PST

•  Strange (0+ / 0-)

Yes, I do know. Because that is in part my job.

I am baffled as to why you are completely unwilling to hear the truth. Weird.

•  ok, so you do have some sort of... (2+ / 0-)
            m16eib, triv33

connection to one of the sides here. so your opinion would be pretty subjective no?

you should disclose if you're arguing for your employer, or someone you have ties to...

by poligirl on Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 02:14:28 PM PST

•  What sides are you talking about (0+ / 0-)

Either SSA gives Experian access to protected data or they do not. The fact is they do not. What is so hard about that.

•  my bad. the word "sides" is not clear... (1+ / 0-)
                Sharon Wraight

what i mean is you are involved enough to have insider info through your line of work. you said so yourself. that's why i mean you have a stake. you're an insider. you are not just a consumer, nor are you simply a bystander on this issue.

you believe in your cause and have personal connection to it. your status has granted you insider info. you cannot as such be considered an unbiased opinion.

by poligirl on Thu Jan 24, 2013 at 12:07:49 PM PST

•  oh, you can call me ten kinds of ignorant (3+ / 0-)
        gooderservice, m16eib, poligirl

if that's what does it for ya.  You have no stake in Experian, you don't work for SSA, but you have first hand intimate knowledge of this arrangement and it's good, good, good! Gotcha.

I shave my legs with Occam's razor~

by triv33 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 at 01:49:51 PM PST

•  It's their job. So they're "objective." (3+ / 0-)
          triv33, m16eib, poligirl

See?

•  When did i say it was good? (0+ / 0-)

What I said is that SSA is not giving your protected data to Experian. That is also publicly stated by SSA.

What I said is that SSA thinks this is the only way they can do online identity authentication in real time (where "this" is contracting with an agency like Experian. i have no idea who their competitors are). That is what they say. I was there, sorry you couldn't be there too.

What I said is that SSA is extremely conservative about security. That's my opinion after listening to them talk about a lot. PLus they are bound by lots of laws that are not necessarily based on convenience for the public.

What I said is that the verification screen definitely needs work. What I said is that SSA should do a much better job explaining what is going on.

What I said is that SSA offering a robust suite of online services is good for them and good for the public.

•  No sane person does: (2+ / 0-)
        triv33, poligirl
        You "don't believe in privatizing any part of any government services ever."
        It is the biggest part of what is bankrupting this nation.

Go ahead... I am sure you can find something relevant information on it out there: The Privatization Boondogle.

Some of it will probably lead back to Daily Kos if you actually dig enough on it.

The Privatization Scam works, as well. Which could lead you back to Daily Kos, too.

These are not new concepts. Just retreads.

ePluribus Media

• Labor (23)
  • Environment (23)
  • Republicans (22)
  • Politics (21)
  • Barack Obama (19)
  • Police Brutality (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site