View Diary: Elizabeth Warren warns of perils in 'Wall Street shuffle' (52 comments)

•  I mentioned Sirota's (2+ / 0-)
    sreeizzle2012, elwior

recapitulation of that piece above. I think it raises a reasonable question that needs answering... is she just another industry insider or a real watchdog?

On the flip side, Taibi's piece has a lot of insinuation but no real meat to it so I think it remains to be seen.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

by Andrew C White on Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 12:01:20 PM PST

•  No "meat?" I would beg to differ... (10+ / 0-)

...and, in the meantime, some well-publicized pressure from the left aimed at folks like Mary Jo White--to let them know that the public is watching and waiting for some reasonably proactive results in this five-year-old travesty--would appear to be in order!

"I always thought if you worked hard enough and tried hard enough, things would work out. I was wrong." --Katharine Graham

by bobswern on Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 12:05:55 PM PST

•  Insinuation... and perhaps correct (3+ / 0-)
        shrike, elwior, sreeizzle2012

but it is still nothing more than insinuation. I'd like to see more actual meat to the story before I come to any conclusions on it or her. I think it raises questions that ought to be answered but so far that's it.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

by Andrew C White on Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 12:21:46 PM PST

•  Matt Taibbi's facts are not "insinuation" n/t (3+ / 0-)
          blueoasis, Sandino, jabney

by bobswern on Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 12:34:46 PM PST

•  This is from Taibbi's post... (7+ / 0-)

...and also from his "Why Isn't Wall Street In Jail?" RS feature, from Rolling Stone, a couple of years back...and it's not "insinuation," it's a physical email regarding Mary Jo White (read Taibbi's full blog, and his previous feature, linked in it) per the links in my comment, above):

...The e-mail was dated September 8, 2005 and addressed to Paul Berger with the subject line, "Debevoise.'' The body of the message read, "Mary Jo [White] just called. I mentioned your interest...''
            Of course, this means little in the overall scheme of things. It's very much business-as-usual (unfortunately). I'm (sincerely) certain it'll be totally impertinent to all discussions going forward (much like many other facts regarding our Wall Street-captured government up 'til now, too). (And, I'm truly stating this factually, without sarcasm. "It is what it is.")

by bobswern on Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 12:43:35 PM PST

•  yeah, when your most famous line is (0+ / 0-)

"vampire squid" that insinuates nothing.

It is purely literal.

(granted - that is a damn clever term though)

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Thomas Paine

by shrike on Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 12:47:06 PM PST

•  From what I've read, she will be (2+ / 0-)
      bobswern, elwior

spending much of her time on regulation of fairly arcane financial matters, something she doesn't have a lot of experience with.

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. -Martin Luther

by the fan man on Fri Jan 25, 2013 at 12:13:45 PM PST