View Diary: NN13, Making It More KosAbility-Friendly, Take Two: A Reminder Diary, with Two Invitations (9 comments)

•  Being in the general neighborhood (6+ / 0-)

of NN13, I'll take on #2 -- access resources. As I mentioned in KosAbility, I'll try to get down to SJ this week, maybe Thursday if I'm not on Mom-in-law Patrol. :-)

Would we want it printed up or would just a diary work?

by Cali Scribe on Sun Jan 27, 2013 at 04:00:58 PM PST

•  YOU are awesome, C S, to offer to do this. (5+ / 0-)

It's potentially a really big task.
      Based on comments from last week, as I recall, people would be interested in knowing "true" accessibility--from bathrooms to large group areas, as with a meeting room or dance floor.
      I think perhaps something in between a diary and a printed resource would be effective, but I'm not sure yet myself. The last major conference I attended besides NN12 was the 2010 U.S. Social Forum in Detroit. The organizers had printed pages of restaurant information for conference attendees, which was really helpful but certainly expensive. Maybe we could have a central online resource as part of the NN13 website and app? And also some printed copies....
      That decision seems a bit further away, to me, but I can appreciate how the eventual format for presentation might influence the information you collect now.
      Thank you again, so much.

Some DKos series & groups worth your while: Black Kos, Native American Netroots, KosAbility, Monday Night Cancer Club. If you'd like to join the Motor City Kossacks, send me a Kosmail.

by peregrine kate on Sun Jan 27, 2013 at 04:17:30 PM PST

•  Having it as one of the pages on the website is (4+ / 0-)

a brilliant idea. That way, the people who need it as a moving resource can print it but it doesn't have to be printed for everyone. If someone finds they need it after they have arrived, most fancy hotels, I suspect including the main ones for the conference have the ability to print something short if necessary.

Love and Hugs,
                                   Heather

Torture is ALWAYS wrong, no matter who is inflicting it on whom.

by Chacounne on Sun Jan 27, 2013 at 04:30:05 PM PST

•  Some of the information might (1+ / 0-)
        peregrine kate

not be available offhand, not knowing what spaces are going to be used for what features. I've got a general idea of the layout of the halls, but can't be sure how they'll be arranged for the various sessions or what walls will be moved to make the large room for the keynotes and other functions.

There might be a brochure available regarding accessibility at the convention center -- I know there's one regarding accessibility for VTA (the local transit agency, where Mr. Scribe worked before he retired).

Speaking of Mr. Scribe, he's telling me to get my ass off the computer and to bed...I'll be in touch. :-)

by Cali Scribe on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 01:46:31 AM PST

•  Sure. Anything you can do toward this end (0+ / 0-)

will be helpful. Step-wise improvement is my objective, at any rate. TYVM!!

by peregrine kate on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 08:43:32 AM PST

•  ((((((((((((((((((Cali)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) (4+ / 0-)

You are wonderful !

Love and Hugs,
                              Heather

Torture is ALWAYS wrong, no matter who is inflicting it on whom.

by Chacounne on Sun Jan 27, 2013 at 04:31:15 PM PST