Skip to main content

View Diary: Now "I" Have to Show My Birth Certificate (295 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  It's another way to sneak in a poll tax on voters. (2+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Puddytat, ColoTim

    To vote, you need to show a state picture ID, don't you?  So now, to get a valid picture ID, you need a Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate, a valid copy of a court order if you changed your name, or your marriage license (who the heck knows where their marriage license is, mine's in a box from 3 moves ago), all of these items cost time and money, so in my view, this is simply a backdoor effort to initiate a poll tax on voters, particularly those who may be intended to vote for a Democrat.

    And since we are'nt supposed to use our Social Security cards as a Universal Identifier, who the hell knows where their Social Security card is, either.  Honestly, if I had to produce my Social Security card, I would have to go down to the Social Security office and have them issue another one.  More time, effort and money.  Money on gasoline for my car, money to park downtown, and time out of my day, which translates to a poll tax as well.

    Nice Going Wisconsin Voter Suppressors!

    Republicans are like alligators. All mouth and no ears.

    by Ohiodem1 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 at 02:12:42 PM PST

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site