View Diary: Tough times for the bigots (159 comments)

•  That's different (6+ / 0-)

TTFN'ers are sinners, because they bother Kos, while teh gayz don't.

Sin, as always, depends on whose ox is being ravished by depraved TTFN'ing bestial gays.

Economics is a social *science*. Can we base future economic decisions on math?

by blue aardvark on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 10:16:18 AM PST

•  TTFN? (4+ / 0-)

I must be out of the loop.  I always thought TTFN meant Ta-ta for now!  As in I'll see you later.

(blue aardvark, as the vast bastion of knowledge we all know you are, please, without snark, fill me in!)

95% of all life forms that once existed on earth are now extinct. It is only a matter of time until the Republicans follow suit.

by PRRedlin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 10:52:15 AM PST

•  kos has decreed that TTFN is equivalent to GBCW (2+ / 0-)
        mikejay611, diggerspop

Economics is a social *science*. Can we base future economic decisions on math?

by blue aardvark on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 10:55:33 AM PST

•  George Bush Corn Widdler? (2+ / 0-)
          mikejay611, diggerspop

Now I'm really lost (no snark here, actually clueless)

by PRRedlin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 10:56:36 AM PST

•  TTFN = Ta Ta For Now (3+ / 0-)

GBCW = Good Bye Cruel World

Kos hath decreed that any "I'm leaving Daily Kos" diary that says "I can't stand this place any longer" will result in banning. It used to be that GBCW was "I'm leaving and never coming back" and got you banned, but TTFN was "I'm leaving but may come back" and didn't get you banned.

Kos hath decreed that TTFN=GBCW=ban hammer.

Economics is a social *science*. Can we base future economic decisions on math?

by blue aardvark on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 11:09:16 AM PST

•  gotcha (2+ / 0-)
              blue aardvark, Tennessee Dave

so i was right.  I deserve a cookie.

any word on a ban for "ALL YOUR KOS ARE BELONG TO US!!!"? lol

by PRRedlin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 12:06:15 PM PST

•  So?! Its his blog to decide on! (0+ / 0-)

What's with egomaniacs having to actually post that they aren't going to read or post anymore.. WhoTF cares?
              You say it ... in any phrasology and you get banned. His choice, you get to choose on your blog.

Proud to be part of the 21st Century Democratic Majority Party of the 3M's.. Multiracial,Multigender and MiddleClass

by LOrion on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 01:05:03 PM PST

•  Depends (1+ / 0-)
              blue aardvark

if the TTFN is because of illness, vacation, business trip, or so on, the TTFN'er is safe.  If however, it's because he or she can no longer stand the place, or is being driven crazy by some kossacks, then there's a ban.

"Valerie, why am I getting all these emails calling me a classless boor?"

by TLS66 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 02:35:08 PM PST

•  thank you so much! someone finally defines (1+ / 0-)
              blue aardvark

these acronyms
              it's been a confusing and frustrating few days for us sort of newbies.

Also it's good to know. If I were to innavertantly had written a TTFN diary...really  meaning...I'm too ill to be on Kos for now but hope to come back..

seems like I would have been banned and not even known why. Banished for being too ill to participate

greaaaaat.

•  WHAT DO THESE ANAGRAMS MEAN?! n/t (0+ / 0-)

by PRRedlin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 10:57:35 AM PST

•  you got it right? (0+ / 0-)

ta ta for now
            and good bye cruel world

I haven't know either. IT's been an annoying few days on Kos for me as "insiders" innadvertantly excluded newbies of the last six months or so. And I am sure given the election there are a lot of us.

•  A helpful soul posted this link (0+ / 0-)

In Bob's hilarious diary the other day.  I was completely lost until they did, and while I'm not exactly a newbie on DK, Internet slang is not one of the languages I took in school!

"Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential." - Barack Obama

by Ricochet67 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 03:25:15 AM PST

•  The answer to such questions is right here (0+ / 0-)

on DKos.  Go down to the bottom of your front page and find (at the right hand end of the "About" section) a link to "Frequently Asked Questions."  Click on that link, scroll almost to the bottom of the outline on that page (it's in blue), and find  "10. Common Terms and Acronyms."  There ya go.

The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain, is floating in mid-air, until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life. Jane Addams

by Alice Olson on Thu Jan 31, 2013 at 05:11:58 AM PST

•  my other guess (1+ / 0-)
      TeddySanFran

is tough titties fag newton.  A phrase I haven't heard uttered since grade school.

by PRRedlin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 at 10:53:09 AM PST