View Diary: How to run a cash grab scam on Dailykos (342 comments)

•  How Do I Say This (8+ / 0-)

I offer a service that many here might need. I don't think I have ever promoted it. Heck I don't even mention it. Not how I roll. The same for those that need help. Gosh I want to help. But I do have an issue with those that plea here for help. For aid.

I have given there on those pleas but I don't like them. Something is "off" about all of them.

When opportunity calls pick up the phone and give it directions to your house.

by webranding on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 07:59:38 PM PST

•  funny how desperation often seems "off". (21+ / 0-)

if the person isn't grovelling enough, why should people respect the desparateness of the request.

is there a requirement to meet for self-humiliation by having to admit one is in trouble?  should there be "rules" that poor people or people in need must follow to gain "respect" by those that have?

maybe dailykos should institute drug testing for posting a personal plea diary?  that would eliminate the misuse of any monies donated, wouldn't you think?

okay - the snark aside.  NO one forces anyone to believe or give or respond.  likewise NO one should PREVENT me from believing or reading or responding.

if these diaries bother you - don't read them.  if you want to and can help, do.

that is the sum of it.

EdriesShop Is it kind? is it true? is it necessary?

by edrie on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 08:09:03 PM PST

•  I'm glad you got some help (5+ / 0-)
        Willa Rogers, Paper Cup, Urban Owl, ffour, CJB

but I'd suggest you review your sig line before making more comments in this diary.   Some of us have a different, yet legitimate perspective.

•  i am not questioning the right to have that (5+ / 0-)

differing perspective.  i am disturbed by the deliberate callout and cruelty in the diary.  when someone is in pain, the LAST thing that person needs is the type of diary above.

EdriesShop Is it kind? is it true? is it necessary?

by edrie on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 09:24:24 PM PST

•  I've read 100 of your comments in here (2+ / 0-)
            MKSinSA, ffour

I have to say I don't see any actual 'callout' of anyone or anything. If there's a fine line to tread when it comes to calling someone out, this diary has not crossed that line that I can see.

As for the diary/kossack you seem to be defending, the diarist here has not named anyone or any diary. Those beans were spilled by someone else.

And no, I'm not going to read that diary now just to see if you're right or wrong in this case. As a stand-alone Public Service Announcement this diary succeeds.

Oh, and please buy some capitalization for your sentences.

•  first off... i have arthritis - i don't capitalize (8+ / 0-)

furthermore, i am ONLY now able to use my left hand after having two finger pip joints replaced on dec 21 due to said arthritis.

secondly,  had you read the diary this is targeting, you would understand my comments and those of others.  you are being mislead about the purpose of this diary - it is a direct slam at a specific member of this site.

the diarist has been challenged by multiple members besides myself.  it is not a public service announcement - it is a cruel and ugly call-out that skirts the banning boundaries by mentioning EVERYTHING but the person's name.  for those of us who read the other diary, it is perfectly clear.  for those who haven't - be blissfully unaware because it isn't worth diving into the ugliness - and i'm being serious about that.

EdriesShop Is it kind? is it true? is it necessary?

by edrie on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 12:43:58 AM PST

•  i wish i had an excuse (4+ / 0-)

i just like the way text looks without caps.

To put the torture behind us is, inevitably, to put it in front of us.

by UntimelyRippd on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 10:25:49 AM PST

•  me too (2+ / 0-)
                  Mnemosyne, edrie

that and sloth.

•  oh, i'd take sloth over deformed and fused joints (2+ / 0-)
                    SwedishJewfish, aitchdee

any day of the week!

btw, i am now typing with my "new" fingers - have enough bend that i can use both hands again.

i just realized why i stopped caps (besided loving archy and mehitabel).  the last joint on my little finger of the right hand fused years ago - i didn't know that it was solid bone from middle knuckle down - so i can't bend it.  to use the shift key on the right hand, i have to twist my entire wrist - think "pain".

so, i don't use caps.  i'd trade caps for fingers any day of the week!

sigh...

got a bad initial hand therapist after the surgery - she didn't even schedule the first therapy appt until after a month beyond the surgery - and the day we took off the splint was 10 days out, not 7 as recommended by the surgeon.  that same day an exhuberant young nurse bounded around the corner and smashed into my new fingers - didn't hurt the replaced joint but jammed the first joint of first finger and i couldn't bend the damned thing for two more weeks.

soooooooo

i'm a full month behind in regaining full use of my fingers... so i get a wee tad miffed when someone starts kvetching because i don't use caps (not you).  what a petty thing to b*tch about!  especially when one doesn't know the reason.

i've had lots of people ask me why - never had a problem explaining - but the snide comments above make me want to hurry my "bending" of those knuckles a la ali.....

rarely does anything bring out that response in me... i think it is frustration at how long it's taking to get my hand back so i can ride again.   grrrrrrrrrrr

EdriesShop Is it kind? is it true? is it necessary?

by edrie on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 05:27:43 PM PST

•  Grow up! (3+ / 0-)
              Lost and Found, jabney, edrie

Criticizing how someone formats their comments is just pissy.

And perhaps if you had read the other comments in this diary you would have a greater understanding of the anger here at an obvious call-out.  It is certainly your choice to not read the relevant diary. And mine to say you are ignorant of the situation and your comments are bad form.

•  it is an obvious callout (3+ / 0-)

to a dairy that has now been deleted

•  We have a Kos Katalouge (sp?) here for many to (8+ / 0-)

advertise their wares and services. I have gotten some wonderful stuff. Why not support the community?

Tracy B Ann - technically that is my signature.

by ZenTrainer on Fri Feb 08, 2013 at 11:09:08 PM PST

•  consider this: perhaps there is no where else to (1+ / 0-)
      aitchdee

turn.  if you have a caring family, people who CAN help - that's great - if not, then this may be the only place to turn - a place that one considers to be among friends.

EdriesShop Is it kind? is it true? is it necessary?

by edrie on Sat Feb 09, 2013 at 05:21:04 PM PST