Skip to main content

View Diary: Florida shows no love to 3.1 million Canadian tourists (108 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Another little "exceptional" quirk here. (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    paul2port, Major Kong, jayden

    Normally countries require or do not require International Driving Permits or the Inter-American Driving Permit which is used in South and Central America and the only one valid in Brazil. One, as a random example, does not find that Bavaria might require one while Germany might not. But for the United States, not so united, this is the advice at

    If you plan to drive when you visit the United States, check the driving rules in the state(s) you'll be visiting to verify that you can use your non-U.S. driver's license. You should get an International Driving Permit (IDP), which translates the information contained on your official driver's license into 10 languages.

    So, all you tourists, before you visit the U.S. be sure you check the regulations for each state you might consider visiting—and don't stray on some impulse to make an unplanned side trip. Yeah, makes us really competitive in the international tourism market along with our onerous visa regulations imposed on many.

    Oh, unlike me in Europe, don't even think you can wander pretty much at will with lots of unplanned travel using nothing at all except public forms of transportation with true public transportation from tram and bus integrated with public/private forms such as international bus, rail and air. For the most part you can't get from here to there by such means and if you try count on wasting most of your days.

    The only foes that threaten America are the enemies at home, and those are ignorance, superstition, and incompetence. [Elbert Hubbard]

    by pelagicray on Thu Feb 14, 2013 at 09:19:55 PM PST

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site