View Diary: Tim Tebow aligns with Hatemongering Mega-Church (69 comments)

•  I have no problem with that approach! (2+ / 0-)
    tmservo433, lostboyjim

I'm just tired of the religion-bashing on Daily Kos, and it galls me to see it cloaked in what is basically "it's bad for the game" rhetoric.

•  I'm not religious but (2+ / 0-)
      BlackSheep1, lostboyjim

I've known some powerful religious people in my life who spoke out for good, who served their community, who devoted their lives to making things better.

I may not share their belief, but they share with me a love of mankind.   I have no problem with them.

I reserve my criticism to those who cloak hate behind religious ideals.  :)

Gandhi's Seven Sins: Wealth without work; Pleasure without conscience; Knowledge without character; Commerce without morality; Science without humanity; Worship without sacrifice; Politics without principle

by Chris Reeves on Fri Feb 15, 2013 at 10:07:42 AM PST

•  Let him be a Staubach, then, not a Danny White (0+ / 0-)

which dates me and reveals my team preferences as well as explaining how public a part of his game his church preference should be.

by BlackSheep1 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 at 01:56:50 PM PST

•  Danny White many times (0+ / 0-)

put up better stats then Roger the Dodger. They made the playoffs every season he was the starter for a majority of the regular season games, including 3 straight NFC Championship games. He even pulled a few games out of the fire himself just like Staubach.

They just never got to the big game with old #11 at the helm like they did with #12. Staubach also retired from the game as the top-rated passer in league history.

liberal bias = failure to validate or sufficiently flatter the conservative narrative on any given subject

by RockyMtnLib on Fri Feb 15, 2013 at 10:17:04 PM PST

•  I grew up on Meredith (0+ / 0-)

and Staubach. I like Romo, too ... kid's got a nice smile, pretty good arm (owns the Cowboys records now) and can run around in the pocket, or out of it. Gets busted up a lot, though.

But there's just somethin' wrong about having your punter play QB.

by BlackSheep1 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 at 10:22:21 PM PST

•  Well he was talented at both. (1+ / 0-)
            BlackSheep1

You could also say they had their QB punt. I had no problem with him playing all 4 downs.

Do you happen to recall their '78 playoff game against Atlanta? A vicious hit concussed Staubach late in the first half and knocked him out of the game. A game they trailed 20-13 at halftime.

Doomsday shutout the Falcons in the 2nd half, but they needed points to win. White led them to 2 TD drives and they won 27-20.

by RockyMtnLib on Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 11:14:28 AM PST

•  I missed the '78 playoffs (0+ / 0-)

we were training some Louisiana Army Reservists that year. Six weekends in a row, starting right after Thanksgiving....

by BlackSheep1 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 06:24:27 PM PST