View Diary: GunFAIL VI (282 comments)

•  I would have (3+ / 0-)

thought more states would have laws addressing this. A number of states have liberalized their concealed carry laws since 2008, and I would suspect that at least some of those states included restrictions on alcohol use while carrying in their revised laws.

It should be illegal everywhere to use/carry a gun while intoxicated.

"A lie is not the other side of a story; it's just a lie."

by happy camper on Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 07:04:56 AM PST

•  There are citations in the list with 2010 dates (1+ / 0-)
      happy camper

but nothing since then. It looks like they updated their list before publication, but much has changed since 2010.

Does the RKBA group here keep any kind of central diary with links to laws, organized by state, that can be updated as laws change around the country?

No officer, I didn't mean to shoot my girl friend with multiple rounds. Yes, officer I did put the ammo and the magazine in the oven. How was I supposed to know she would use the oven for baking? - ST. PETERSBURG, FL, 2/18/13

by LilithGardener on Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 07:58:27 AM PST

•  No (1+ / 0-)
        LilithGardener

but that's not a bad idea. I know some members have extensive lists of links to pertinent information. I'll bring it up.

"A lie is not the other side of a story; it's just a lie."

by happy camper on Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 09:56:40 AM PST

•  Efficient way to sort out posters (1+ / 0-)
          happy camper

who want to consider facts, without any digest.

If someone is having a snit, proposing legal theories that don't exist, or an absence of restrictions that do exist, any one can direct that person to the actual current law for their state, and invite them to come back with any questions.

That will sort out those who are sincere from others in a hurry.

There are plenty of people who want to understand but don't know where to start, or find the whole system so loaded with jargon they give up before they get very far.

And maybe you guys can take turns hosting some guided tutorials, such as - "On Monday evening RKBA member so-and-so will host a discussion of current firearms law in the Pacific NorthWest and cover some of the unique or challenging issues in each state, and help noobs understand a little about why local regs are what they are, and how they interface with Federal Law.

by LilithGardener on Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 11:04:01 AM PST

•  You can start here: (1+ / 0-)
        LilithGardener

www.handgunlaw.us

It also links directly to the state Statutes.

Your hate-mail will be graded.

by PavePusher on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 06:58:58 PM PST

•  That's only hand guns right? (1+ / 0-)
          PavePusher

I did look briefly and saw that under Federal law, if I understand correctly, retired LEOs are prohibited from carrying while under the influence or intoxicated.

"They did not succeed in taking away our voice" - Angelique Kidjo - Opening the Lightning In a Bottle concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York City - 2003

by LilithGardener on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 08:14:39 PM PST

•  It links to the gun-law statutes of each state... (1+ / 0-)
            LilithGardener

that cover both hand-guns and long-guns.

Click any particular state on the map, it takes you to a .pdf of a summary of the laws for that state, and links to the state codes.

Your hate-mail will be graded.

by PavePusher on Tue Feb 26, 2013 at 11:19:28 PM PST