View Diary: Citigroup gave Lew $940K ONLY if he got a high-level government position (313 comments)

•  OK, wish granted (4+ / 0-)
    shrike, emelyn, Argyrios, Kathy S

You list a number of policy disagreements you have with Obama--fair enough.  But the leap to he's "corrupt, pure and simple" is ridiculous.

As, by the way, is this diary.

"Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation..."--David St. Hubbins

by Old Left Good Left on Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 12:52:11 PM PST

•  It may be ridiculous, but its not HR-able. (8+ / 0-)

Corrupt, as in no prosecutions of Wall St. execs. Corrupt as in nominating nothing but insiders. Holder prosecutes medical MJ and real whistleblowers and let's financial crime skate.

Corrupt.

Same shit, different party label.

You can HR me too, but it would be an abuse of the HR system.

•  I'm tired of toeing this site's unwritten rule (4+ / 0-)
        goodpractice, Bisbonian, kurt, emal

that while you can criticize this or that Dem, you have to accept their overall good intentions as a party, and that working WITH the party, as opposed to in opposition to it, be it from within or without, is the only way to get things done. I'm not calling for anyone to go indie or join or start a 3rd party. I haven't given up on the Democratic party, per se, as I still see it as the most effective organization to achieve progressive reform. I've just given up on its present leadership and agenda on this count, and want to see them toppled and replaced, with people like Warren, Boxer, Baldwin and Ellison.

I.e. actual progressives. I want the Democratic party to be the progressive party again, not the fake progressive but actually neoliberal party. I'm tired of being punked by these corporate shills and lackeys, from the top on down.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 04:14:38 PM PST

•  No shit (0+ / 0-)

I was just being polite and complying with the commenter's request.

by Old Left Good Left on Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 06:33:56 PM PST

•  Yeah, he's done all these things (4+ / 0-)
      protectspice, duufus, Bisbonian, mkor7

because he truly believes that they're the best policy decisions possible. Keep on telling yourself that to shield yourself from how this really works.

Because if he truly believes this, then he's an idiot. There's no such thing as an intelligent and informed neoliberal true believer because it doesn't work. To believe in neoliberalism you have to either be an idiot, or ignorant. If you're neither, then you're just hiding behind neoliberal ideology to justify your theft and corruption. And Obama is neither stupid nor ignorant.

Ok, I'll allow that he's unhappily going along, unable to oppose forces vastly more powerful than himself. In which case, he's incompetent and weak.

I'm tired of playing the loyal Democrat hoping that this time Lucy won't pull the football. The fix is in and those of us who don't admit it are just fools.

Crumbs for us, bounty for them. That's how this works.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 04:09:55 PM PST

•  99% of this country doesn't give a fuck (1+ / 0-)
        emelyn

about the banks other than a place to deposit money and write checks.  If they cared then Citi, BoA, Wells and Morgan would wither away from neglect.

It is only in fairy blog land that all bankers are evil demons and some magic pol will rescue the poor customers from their evil clutches.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Thomas Paine

by shrike on Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 04:16:44 PM PST

•  And yet you're still here (1+ / 0-)
          emal

I guess someone has to remind us of how little we matter.

What an ironic sig line, btw. Paine would laugh at your choice of him.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Sat Feb 16, 2013 at 04:51:46 PM PST

•  Btw (3+ / 0-)
          billlaurelMD, Bisbonian, emal

99% of the country has no choice in the matter, and way less than that aren't upset with big banks. I literally have no idea where you came up with this nonsense number. Even if you count only teabaggers, it's at least 30%, and obviously, the real number of people who DO give a shit is much higher.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777