View Diary: Alone in Kansas (173 comments)

•  There is a potentially great one (4+ / 0-)

In Lawrence.   I'm just holding out hope he makes a run at the house or governor's office.

Gandhi's Seven Sins: Wealth without work; Pleasure without conscience; Knowledge without character; Commerce without morality; Science without humanity; Worship without sacrifice; Politics without principle

by Chris Reeves on Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 02:08:26 PM PST

•  Who is it? n/t (1+ / 0-)
      worldlotus

by YucatanMan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 02:25:06 PM PST

•  Paul Davis (8+ / 0-)

He runs for anything and I will be relentless on his behalf

by Chris Reeves on Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 02:30:13 PM PST

•  Ah, I see he came to the KS House in 2003. (10+ / 0-)

Several years after I'd moved away.   I know some of the "old Dems" have hung on through many Republican gains.

Anthony Hensley is still fighting a good fight.  I wish there were so many more.

When Clinton was elected over Bush in 1992, we all ran downtown (Topeka) to experience the huge celebration.  What we found instead was the sad, dejected and mostly empty hall:  Kansas Democrats had experienced major losses in the state legislature because the national Dem campaigns had not spent their usual sums in states across the nation.

The Clinton election, while arguably "good" for the nation, was devastating in many state houses in purple states.  Concentrating campaign and get-out-the-vote money in only a few critical states had decimated the party at the state level.

We still haven't recovered from that.  One more reason why Dean's 50 state strategy is utterly important.

by YucatanMan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 02:34:50 PM PST

•  he was the representative who (4+ / 0-)

Released his copy of the "Spiritually Dark" memo
            fought for anti discrimination of gays, lesbians
            fought to restore prosecution of spousal abuse when state cut funding.

he's not just a good Democrat for Kansas, he's the rare bird I'd run anywhere

by Chris Reeves on Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 02:39:36 PM PST

•  I thought that's who you would name (3+ / 0-)
          tmservo433, YucatanMan, worldlotus

I follow him on FB, though I live in Texas now.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. -- John Kenneth Galbraith

by scarlet slipper on Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 06:09:57 PM PST

•  His FB Feed (3+ / 0-)

Is absolutely worthwhile.   He holds open discussions with his people in Lawrence.

Not joking, if he decides to run for higher office anywhere, I am 100% in.  If he stays in the house as House leader, I'm OK with that too.. but I keep my fingers crossed.   Win or lose, I would LOVE the kind of noise he could make in a race.

by Chris Reeves on Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 06:21:12 PM PST

•  My cousin was on Slattery's staff when the (3+ / 0-)
      tmservo433, NYFM, scarlet slipper

Dems held that seat.  Just FYI and all. :-)

by YucatanMan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 at 02:25:44 PM PST