View Diary: Walker drops bomb #2, this time on Wisconsin's private sector unions (165 comments)

•  Go fuck yourself. (5+ / 0-)

Get fucked. Fuck off.  Get the fuck out of my diary with your fucking fucked up flatlander bullshit you dumb, stupid fuck.

Why don't you go call some rape victims sluts? How about standing outside a VA hospital and calling disabled veterans cowards and gimps? I have a friend dying of cancer. How about you call her up and tell her her bald head is offensive and she deserves to die?

Fuck you.

"They are an entire cruise ship of evil clowns, these current Republicans"...concernedamerican

by Giles Goat Boy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 10:04:12 PM PST

•  and when did I say any of... (0+ / 0-)

...that.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 10:41:40 PM PST

•  Oh and sorry I pissed you off.. (1+ / 0-)
      hoof32

...my own cynicism is the result of my own political failings.  And that those I supported were ultimately messed over by other Democrats.  You deserve an apology as I know you have worked hard and I can understand your frustration as I live in an area that shouldn’t be voting republican but does.

My own life is messed up enough to make me really pissy sometimes so sorry.  And I don’t see anyone in politics that gives a shit.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 11:18:28 PM PST

•  Apology accepted. (1+ / 0-)
        3goldens

I understand the feeling that nobody in politics gives a shit. One good thing about Wisconsin's uprising is that it has motivatd a lot of people who do give a shit to get involved, even run for office.

That may not be enough. Maybe we need a general strike or something even more dramatic to turn the tide, but we're not doomed. We're talking about shifting maybe 5% of the electorate. We have had only a few successes at the polls so far, but we're ready when the time comes, and it will. People will only put up with Walker's bullshit for so long. It's finally starting to hit them in their local communities. No jobs, school closings. It can't continue forever.

I can't wait to start writing about the phoenix that is rising from the ashes, but things are still burning right now, unfortunately.

by Giles Goat Boy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 05:58:46 AM PST

•  While I applaud the sentiment... (1+ / 0-)
          Giles Goat Boy

...I don't think a general strike would do much more that harden marginal voters opinions against the unions especially as any press you would get would be filtered by the rightwing press.  Even the so called liberal press is not all that liberal.

General strikes in Europe have not stopped austerity there.

We Glory in war, in the shedding of human blood. What fools we are.

by delver rootnose on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 07:45:46 PM PST

•  Whoa, Giles. (3+ / 0-)
      Giles Goat Boy, ptanow, 3goldens

Tell me how you really feel!

I'm sorry your diary has brought out the trolls. It's really sad. The comments here make me very depressed.

•  The thing is... (4+ / 0-)

I understand the feeling that some people are tired of the Wisconsin avalanche of bad news. I don't mean the actual trolls. I ignore them, but some others should know better and maybe they need someone to slap them in the face and let them know that as frustrated as they are, we in Wisconsin actually have to try to live under these conditions. It's hard enough, as you know, especially when it's so unnecessary and when it's the result of half your neighbors declaring war on the other half. It makes it even harder when your alleged friends tell you it's your own fault. My messy bathroom is my fault. Scott Walker is not my fault.

If anyone outside Wisconsin is tired of the bad news from here, maybe they should take a break and not click on the Wisconsin diaries for a while.

by Giles Goat Boy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 05:49:10 AM PST