View Diary: Updated x2 - CNBC/CNN put Tesla to the Test. NY Times Fails. (230 comments)

•  Seems to me attacking someone personally (3+ / 0-)
    Argyrios, geekydee, Quicklund

is a lot more pissy. So, what's up with that?

Is this where I'm supposed to personally attack you right back? Or accuse you of owning stock in Tesla and being a corporate shill? lol

We were not ahead of our time, we led the way to our time.

by i understand on Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 09:36:03 PM PST

•  Sure (0+ / 0-)

It's what you're good at.

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 09:37:00 PM PST

•  Nah, I'm sure you're a nice person. (1+ / 0-)
        Quicklund

You're just seem so vested in this technology that you're ignoring the costs and overstating the benefits. That's fine, and normal for an evangelical.

We were not ahead of our time, we led the way to our time.

by i understand on Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 09:50:31 PM PST

•  Actually (5+ / 0-)

I bought a used Leaf, but it only cost a small fraction of what a Leaf costs.  It also cost me a lot less than new too.  It was really thrifty of me as I make a lot of short trips in town.  I don't even need 240 Volt outlet to refill at night.

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 09:52:02 PM PST

•  correction (4+ / 0-)
          i understand, pgm 01, gerrilea, cazcee

My used Leaf cost a small fraction of what a Tesla costs.

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 09:52:56 PM PST

•  Evangelical? And you're accusing someone (1+ / 0-)
          cazcee

else of making personal attacks?  Amazing that someone could have come into a Tesla discussion and turned it into a pie fight.  But congratulations, you succeeded.

by gustynpip on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 05:40:32 AM PST

•  I did no such thing (3+ / 0-)
            ClevelandAttorney, Hark, Quicklund

Since when is expressing an opinion a pie fight? And there is nothing wrong with being an evangelical about something, it means you're very passionate about the subject. It also means, however, you may not be the most dispassionate critic on that subject.

It amazes me when people, like you, attack someone because they don't fall in lockstep with their opinion on some given topic. You should understand that not everyone has to agree, not every differing opinion has to be attacked. There is no "win" on the internet. Express yourself and move on...

We were not ahead of our time, we led the way to our time.

by i understand on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 06:58:21 AM PST

•  Shouldn't this be a discussion about (3+ / 0-)
              i understand, IL clb, Quicklund

the merits of buying as begun?

How can you have one without someone pointing out costs.

Both opinions made me understand what the car is and is not. You won't spend on gas. That'll save you a lot. But, it isn't a car that on that basis alone your average joe would buy. More your former succesful hippie who is used to an A-8.

I think most comments totally appropriate. I appreciate both perspectives. Not that I am considering buying, but silly to say we are going solely based on this consideration.