View Diary: Pres. Obama's Big Oil host has history of war profiteering, discrimination (Updated/Action) (284 comments)

•  yes yes Obama bad etc etc (2+ / 0-)
    6412093, howarddream

That's about all we need to know from your posts

by duhban on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 06:37:18 PM PST

•  Well-considered examination of (6+ / 0-)

the research presented.

Not. Thanks, dustpan.

The Class, Terror and Climate Wars are indivisible and the short-term outcome will affect the planet for centuries. -WiA "When you triangulate everything, you can't even roll downhill..." - PhilJD

by Words In Action on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 06:42:14 PM PST

•  You might consider reading past the title (7+ / 0-)

and the first paragraph.

Believe it or not this diary discusses someone other than President Obama.

It deals with systemic corruption and one very ugly, racist profiteer.

look for my eSci diary series Thursday evening.

by FishOutofWater on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 06:54:22 PM PST

•  I read the diary (4+ / 0-)
        6412093, NedSparks, FG, howarddream

it's interesting but it's still wrapped in 'Obama is bad' nonsense that is at best overly simplistic and at worst is simply a vendetta

by duhban on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 07:03:09 PM PST

•  Vendetta (5+ / 0-)

for what exactly?

Since your inaugural comment on this diary was ad hom, let me return the favor.  You're an interesting character.  Most of the time when I see your name you are in the middle of a pie fight, instigating it.  You seem to know a lot of dkos history for someone who hasn't been around very long too. Curious :D

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 08:02:18 PM PST

•  lol (3+ / 3-)
            kalmoth, FG, howarddream
            Hidden by:
            TheMomCat, Mindful Nature, priceman

or more likely (and true in this case) I just happen to read a lot of comments which suggest interesting pieces of history and having a near flawless memory I retain those pieces of information. It's like a puzzle and puzzles always amuse and interest me

That said nothing in my comment suggested anythign of a historical nature past my time as an offical member here (though I did in fact lurk for a couple months just before the 2008 I did not pay attention to diaries past the front page much less individual commenters) isntead I'm talking about what I have seen from you. If you want to get all passive aggressive about that then I'm going to think that I have hit a sore spot and likely stumbled onto something of substance.

As after all if this is not a vendetta then why get all defensive about it?

I can't speak to what you see, I'm not you but yes I speak my mind whether that's with or against the popular thought. Sometimes that's gone well sometimes not.

I stand by what I said you like Greenwald and Cenk Uygur and some others seem to have a grudge, vendetta whatever you want to call it  in regards to this current president.

Which is fine, that's up to you but if that's the case at least be honest about it.

by duhban on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 09:34:59 PM PST

•  Vendetta for what? (5+ / 0-)

In order to have a vendetta, there has to be a reason, a wronged party, a history.  What is my vendetta, oh all seeing, flawless memoried one?

You dug your hole even deeper with that last comment.

Please proceed! And tell me more about me.  I can't wait.  How would you know if I like Cenk, oh fount of dkos knowledge since July 2012?

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 11:48:33 PM PST

•  your history is your own (3+ / 4-)

but you jumped pretty hard at vendetta ignoring the fact that I suggested a range with overlysimplistic at one end and vendetta at the other.

That you did suggests (and I repeat suggests) some senstivity towards that word which raises the question of 'why'? I offered my deduction that you instead of disputing that attacked me well reinforces said deduction.

That said vendettas do not need reasons, hell a vendetta by definition is the irrational persecution of a feud. That's it, hell it could be as simple as you do not like the man because he looks funny. That said I go back to my original response and the range offered because most people do not fall into the extremes (and in out and out vendetta would be an extreme).

Further you seem to not understand how logic works, whether you like Cenk Uygur  or not I don't know, I don't care to know and it matters not to the point I was making. If you do not understand said point maybe some rereading is in order?

I have to say I find the discussion fascinating though as you've gone from passive aggressive to just straight out aggressive. Do you think if you're aggressive enough that I'll just concede? Becuase if so you're rather mistaken. You can not bluster your way out by redirecting and misdirecting. The only one digging a hole here is you and frankly I don't get why. You clearly are a good writter, certainly better then me and yet from what I've seen in the last couple months you can't seem to help yourself from not so subtle digs at Obama.

Care to share why?

by duhban on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 12:20:35 AM PST

•  Care to (3+ / 0-)
                  Don midwest, kovie, priceman

fuck off?

"That's it, hell it could be as simple as you do not like the man because he looks funny."

Looks funny?  I don't think he looks funny at all.  He's a very physically attractive man.  And the implication there is clear, duhban, or whoever you are or perhaps once were. And it's nothing new in the infamous rox/sux wars for the rox side to insinuate or outright accuse people who criticize the president of being motivated to criticize because of racism.

I'm sure you remember the rox/sux wars with your "flawless memory" of things that happened long before you ever joined the community.

Your thinly veiled accusation there is not welcome here and if you'd rather hear it from someone else, ask kos.  He's banned people for it.

Frankly, a lot of your commentary sounds quite familiar in that same old rox/sux vein.  I really have had enough of that shit.  It's time for you to find another place to agitate and make trouble.  Bye.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 12:45:47 AM PST

•  racism? (0+ / 0-)

I never accused you of racism it was a tongue in cheek remark that just could have easily have been 'because he's right handed' (I believe he is at least). It was a comment designed to point out how utterly wrong you were about your claims regarding what a vendetta is.

And I see it's back to passive aggressive now. I accused you of nothing, I'd like an apology for your attitude and your insult. Last I checked 'fuck you' is not an acceptable part of discourse here

PS From what I gather 'rox/sux' was a 'war' (and that's not my word but what you and others have said) between people here. I'm sure it was likely more complicated but going from inferences of word choice it was between 'supporters' and 'critics'. That's all I got, going from your user id you were at least 'here' in terms of being registered (whether you were actually present at the time I don't know) so I'm sure you could tell me more.

But then that would mean doing something other then cursing at me and trying to smear me. But hey whatever makes you happy I suppose.

by duhban on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 01:22:05 AM PST

•  Hide rated (2+ / 0-)
                  SpecialKinFlag, priceman

for continued "dickish" behavior.

"Information is power. But like all power there are those who want to keep it for themselves" Aaron Swartz, 1986 - 2013
                  TheStarsHollowGazette.com

by TheMomCat on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 01:07:29 AM PST

•  I do believe (2+ / 0-)
                    kalmoth, kefauver

that's the second time you've followed me around and given out a warrantless hr when pretty much no one else was around

is this what passes for fun for you?

by the by I'm also pretty sure that the fact taht you've been reccing joannelson's comments means that you shouldn't be hide rating mine but then again I'm pretty sure such silly things like rules or honor will stop you.

by duhban on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 01:36:02 AM PST

•  And yet (5+ / 0-)
                    kalmoth, tytalus, duhban, trumpeter, kefauver

you're uprating similarly dickish behavior in return.

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another. -- Jonathan Swift

by raptavio on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 06:51:05 AM PST

•  This is joanneleon's diary (2+ / 0-)
                      LaEscapee, priceman

she responded to unfounded accusations and "dickish" behavior, very hide ratable and not the first time this user has done this. It seems to be his POV.

TheStarsHollowGazette.com

by TheMomCat on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 10:10:36 AM PST

•  No argument (4+ / 0-)
                        kalmoth, trumpeter, kefauver, duhban

that he was dickish. However, that's not a license to respond in kind or to escalate. You seem to think otherwise -- at least, depending on whether the person doing such is your ally or not.

by raptavio on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 01:21:27 PM PST

•  I see you have nothing relevant (4+ / 0-)
                          priceman, 4kedtongue, LaEscapee, poligirl

to say about this diary. I would suspect that since you are up rating dickish and pejorative comments, the user would by your ally.

Since this IS joanneleon's diary, it is her right to respond and moderate discussion. So far she had been defending herself against  egregious accusations which is her prerogative. The user and his up raters have been reported.

Unless you have something to say that is pertinent to the subject of this diary, I will leave you to have the last word in defense of your ally. Good day

Show me your friends, I'll tell you who you are. ~old saying~

TheStarsHollowGazette.com

by TheMomCat on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 03:46:04 PM PST

•  Um, MomCat? (4+ / 0-)
                            trumpeter, kefauver, kalmoth, duhban

I've made no ratings in this diary whatsoever, up or down. So I'll thank you to withdraw your charge as it's based on a lie.

by raptavio on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 04:03:03 PM PST

•  Won't retract your lie, I see. (0+ / 0-)

I wish I could say I'm surprised you failed to muster the integrity to do so.

Shame on you.

by raptavio on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 05:21:04 AM PST

•  My error. Sorry if you were holding (3+ / 0-)
                            4kedtongue, poligirl, priceman

your breath but I have a real life that takes precedence over you hurt feelings. Since it would seem your only participation in this diary has been to defend an egregious personal attack on the diarist, you may as well have uprated his every comment.

Perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with kos' edict on Participating in someone else's diary because you and the user who started this thread have violated it:

Walking into someone's diary is like walking into someone's home. You are a guest. Act accordingly. That doesn't mean you can't disagree. It just means you have to be civil and courteous and limit your arguments to substance. [..]

So, my tolerance for dickishness will be least in group diaries, followed by personal diaries, followed by your own diaries.

Bottom line: If you don't like someone, ignore or argue PURELY on the facts. If you refuse to heed and seek out your foes to shit all over their diaries, I will zap you. You don't need to go after the same people every day to remind them that yes, you still don't like them. [..]

If an ally (defined as someone who supports your point of view) goes off the deep end, then it's the responsibility of the diarist or other allies to make clear that such behavior is not tolerated. [..]

So diarists get to choose -- their diaries can either be zones of civility, or they can be mosh pits.

My advice to you, as was yours to you ally, move on.

TheStarsHollowGazette.com

by TheMomCat on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 02:31:55 PM PST

•  You apologized for a lie (0+ / 0-)

and replaced it with another.

I said the exact opposite of what you claimed about the commenter - that he was being dickish and deserved HR -- and again called the commenter my 'ally' based on that lie.

Because you simply replaced one lie for another, my comment stands. Shame on you.

by raptavio on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 02:36:15 PM PST

•  Whatever (3+ / 0-)
                            poligirl, 4kedtongue, priceman

My observations of your behavior and your ally's stands. I'm well finished with you, your insults, name calling and your nonsense. Good Day

TheStarsHollowGazette.com

by TheMomCat on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 02:40:45 PM PST

•  The only insults are yours. (0+ / 0-)

You chose to lie and slander me because I noted your ratings behavior was inconsistent.

Typical.

by raptavio on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 09:41:06 PM PST

•  you are only in here to play "kos police"... (3+ / 0-)
                            TheMomCat, 4kedtongue, priceman

and not to discuss the content of the diary. as such, i would suggest that you probably should go elsewhere and leave the conversation to those who are allies of the diarist and others who want to engage in constructive debate and dialogue.

and a lot of the time raptavio, the only time i see you in comments is when you are playing police and not for discussion. just sayin'...

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. ~George Orwell

by poligirl on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 02:57:46 PM PST

•  And yet here you are (0+ / 0-)

doing the same thing.

But then, for you, as with MomCat, it's always all about whose ox is being gored, now isn't it?

by raptavio on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 09:40:10 PM PST

•  no hon - this is actually a diary by someone... (2+ / 0-)
                            4kedtongue, TheMomCat

who is like minded thinker, and if you check the tip jar, which lists the tippers in chronological order, you'll not that i've been around this diary for a lot longer than you, and i've been around it because i happen to agree with it.

you are around here for things other than agreement on the subject matter or debate on the subject matter. you are here to play police man, and if i had a buck for every time i saw you do that over the past 2 years or so, i'd be a rich lady.

so basically, you should stick with diaries by folks you either agree with or diaries where you want to have a discussion on the subject matter of the diary. the only thing you're doing here is insulting someone who was originally here for support and debate and playing self appointed policeman.

in short - you aren't interested in anything constructive here in this diary, only discord and disruption.

i would also point my sig line out to you. it's very good food for thought. now, good day, sir.

by poligirl on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 11:57:53 PM PST

•  Great words (0+ / 0-)

and yet I'd suggest they be advice you should heed as much as anyone.

But it isn't about truth to you. It's about who the "like minded thinkers" are. So it doesn't matter to you whether the diarist behaved boorishly in the comments thread her own diary (and thus, by kos' own stated rules, invites more boorish behavior from others). It doesn't matter to you that MomCat chose to reply to a comment noting her own inconsistent behavior acting as "diary police" with lies and false accusations, because they're "like minded thinkers."

If you, MomCat, and your usual allies, acting in your own role as "diary police", showed greater concern for truth rather than protecting your "like minded thinkers" from both criticism and accountability, you'd never find me calling you out for it.

But as long as that's your modus operandi, though I may not go hunting for it, when I see it, I will call it out. Deal with it. Or improve your own conduct.

by raptavio on Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 07:18:07 AM PST

•  Patroling the blog with pen red... (1+ / 0-)
                            TheMomCat

..."Inonsistent," raptavio said.
                            Unable to stop,
                            He'd pull out his crop,
                            And beat on the horse 2 days dead.

end

•  Looks funny (2+ / 0-)
                  TheMomCat, priceman

Gets you an HR.  we have seen this accusation before and it needs to go.  Bring some basis and rational debate to the party.  Not accusations of racism. Done

Hay hombres que luchan un dia, y son buenos Hay otros que luchan un año, y son mejores Hay quienes luchan muchos años, y son muy buenos. Pero hay los que luchan toda la vida. Esos son los imprescendibles.

by Mindful Nature on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 06:33:29 AM PST

•  gods (1+ / 0-)
                    kefauver

IT WAS NOT AN ACCUSATION OF RACISM

If I'm going to accuse you of racism I will gods damn say 'I think you're being racist'

We've had this talk before Mindful of reading entirely too much into my comments and this tendency of yours begins to annony me

by duhban on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 03:41:57 PM PST

•  disengage, leave. (2+ / 0-)
                      duhban, kefauver

If you fee strongly about this, refer the matter to the admins, but your continued presence in this thread serves no purpose, in my opinion.

•  you're right and I am leaving (2+ / 0-)
                        kefauver, kalmoth

but I dislike being bullied and that's what Mindful and Mom is doing but then again considering how long they've been here apparently that's tolerated so long as it's for the 'cool kids' or whatever

gods it feels like high school again, thank you for your time and neutral view

cheers

PS can you tell me who exactly I should refer this to? (you can mail me if you want so as to not keep this going) I have looked a little but am a bit confused as to the structure here

by duhban on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 04:10:48 PM PST

•  I'm going to help you out here (1+ / 0-)
                      poligirl

since according to you and you uid, you a here less than a years. Markos posted this about Participating in someone else's diary.

I suggest you read it.

TheStarsHollowGazette.com

by TheMomCat on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 04:00:12 PM PST

•  I asked you (2+ / 0-)
                      LaEscapee, poligirl

more than 12 hours ago to leave.  None of this in on topic now.  The usual "rox" people who put themselves in the middle of every pie fight (and show up in diaries of people they have hated for years) are here and none of them are commenting on topic.   I have no time for this shit.  It's useless bullshit and I'm really sick of it.  Go write your own opinions on the subject.  I assure you, I won't interrupt because I have no interest in interacting with you, based on what I've seen of you here and in other diaries where I've happened to see you doing the same thing over and over.

You're at the middle of this, being the person who started the hijack to begin with.

I didn't send this in to admins last night because it was late, and the diary was pretty well finished, and I figured it would be all be history by this morning. I haven't checked the comments here all day but I can't believe you are still here fighting.  So this time, I am going to send it in.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 04:24:33 PM PST

•  and I asked for an apology (0+ / 0-)

for your lies and for cursing at me

As to teh admins I already sent this to the admins for your posse hring me. Frankly this would have been done and over with 12 hours ago except your allies decided to make this a big deal well congrats it's a big deal

by duhban on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 04:33:06 PM PST

•  Just go (2+ / 0-)
                          LaEscapee, poligirl

I don't owe you anything.  I also did not ask anyone,  not one person, to make any arguments in this diary, to recommend or HR any comments. You provoked that all on your own.

This is now the third time I've asked you to leave the diary and stop the pie fighting.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 06:47:15 PM PST

•  Hide rated (3+ / 0-)
              Mindful Nature, LaEscapee, priceman

for unfounded accusation of a "vendetta", "grudge", thread jacking, projection and trolling.

TheStarsHollowGazette.com

by TheMomCat on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 12:59:13 AM PST

•  not hr-able n/t (1+ / 0-)
              duhban
        •  I'll tell you what it isn't (0+ / 0-)

blind sycophantic fandom

by Mindful Nature on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 09:55:30 PM PST

•  yes because anything that doesn't (0+ / 0-)

agree with your or joannelson's POV must be blind sycophantic fandom

your comment sounds remarkably close to 'you are either with us or against us'

Though I would think you would immediately be able to see the dangers in such a black and white simplistic statement

by duhban on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 11:21:37 PM PST

•  says the person who said this: (3+ / 0-)
              TheMomCat, Don midwest, priceman
              That's pretty with us or against us.  Any criticism is a "vendetta"?  Physician, heal thyself.

by Mindful Nature on Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 11:28:57 PM PST

•  that's why context helps (0+ / 0-)

becuase my full commnet clearly shows that I agree the diarist has a point but that his/her insistence to turn this into a Greenwaldesque 'gotcha' for Obama has at least to me become predictable and tiresome. Not to mention ruins any real attempt the diarist is making here at change and dialog (and even how high they seemed to have jumped at the mere mention of this I have to wonder how real said attempt is)

I suggest if you're going to play 'gotcha' with me Mindful Nature you double check then check again because as much as I dislike what I see as a childish game of semantics and one upsmanship  that will not deter me from returning like with like.

by duhban on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 12:09:09 AM PST

•  Likewise (2+ / 0-)
                  priceman, joanneleon

I read a number of your comments here before reaching the conclusion that your criticism has not any substance (Do you present any basis for objecting other than you don't like people criticizing the President in your attempted defense of this meeting).

Clearly the whole point is not that this guy is a horrible person.   His background isn't the story, Obama's decision to go golfing with this odious person during a widely publicized event he should in fact be supporting is precisely the story.  So yes, the "gotcha" of the President is unavoidable.  Now as for your sotto voce claims of vendetta that suggests, as is so often done that there is no rational basis for criticism is an oft made move.  And it does not suggest that you have a reasoned objection, but rather you are merely attacking the people bringing such forward. This, yes, when I see behavior like yours that amounts to nothing much more than ad hominem, then i will call it out.  Yes, it is Greenwaldesque, but then Greenwald definitely diagnoses the problem of Obama, centrist Democrats, and the IOKIYAD partisans with considerable insight.  So yes, that's a good thing.

by Mindful Nature on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 06:31:48 AM PST

•  I question what exactly you read (0+ / 0-)

because you've shown a remarkably annoying tendency to ignore my actual words and instead draw 'inferences' where there are none.

Odd enough all those 'inferences' seem to support you own predetermined bias. Frankly I suggest you look up 'confirmation bias' but I won't be holding my breath on that

Frankly I am done with this discussion, call me whatever you want but I'm not going to continue this two faced dance with you. On one hand you hr me whenever you feel like it regardless of the rules and then want to have a thoughtful discussion elsewhere? Sorry I'm not that forgiving and I'm certainly not your door mat

bye

by duhban on Thu Feb 21, 2013 at 03:47:07 PM PST

•  Nope, this diary was all about Obama. (0+ / 0-)

• Recommended (147)
  • Law (19)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Science (16)
  • Politics (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Riots (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site