View Diary: FLOTUS & JIMMY - Mom Dancing (117 comments)

•  I'm amazed that people are so easily fooled. (0+ / 0-)

It's on TeeVee so it must be real.

•  Multiple news outlets say it was FLOTUS (8+ / 0-)

I just googled it in the news, and many entertainment news outlets are reporting it as the First Lady teaming up with Fallon to dance, so I think it was, in fact, her.  She was a guest on the show, I don't know why you think it was not her dancing.

•  The dance was pre-taped. (0+ / 0-)

It's a professional dancer; she's good, but not Michelle by a long shot.

•  Hmm, do you have a cite for that? (8+ / 0-)

I find it hard to believe that all these news outlets would have been fooled by a Michelle imposter.

•  Unless you can come up with a cite for your theory (11+ / 0-)

I'm calling troll on your comment - every single news story I could find, from HuffPo to the Daily Mail, are describing it as Michelle Obama dancing with Jimmy Fallon.  So please, I will certainly stand corrected if you can point to some evidence of your "Dancegate" conspiracy theory.  Me, I think it's the First Lady, and she's great.

•  Just because someone expresses an opinion (0+ / 0-)

that differs with yours, doesn't mean they're a troll.

While they look like Mr. Fallon and Ms. Obama, and I suspect they are, it's puzzling that -- in the video -- he looks a couple of inches taller than she, whereas:

Jimmy Fallon's height: 5 feet 10 inches

Michelle Obama's height: 5 feet 11 inches

Granted, some sites indicate Fallon's height as 5 feet 11 or even 5 feet 11-1/2, but most seem to cite the 5 foot 10 figure.

In my opinion, it's reasonable, not "troll" like, to question if that was, in fact, the first lady.

But it looks like her and I suspect it was.

•  Um, you have seen other public dances (8+ / 0-)

in front of school kids by her for "Let's Move," right? You can do the google to see many of them. Same moves.

For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future. (JFK)

by begone on Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 10:50:39 PM PST

•  It'd her, they did it for 'Lets move' (3+ / 0-)
          Powell, AnnetteK, politik
        •  LOL!!! skwimmer, your agenda to misdirect and (4+ / 0-)
          wwjjd, AnnetteK, notagain, SneakySnu

mislead through casting doubt as to the identity of the obviously talented dancer who happens to OBVIOUSLY be First Lady Michelle Obama is just too pathetic.  Really.  Can't you just accept REALITY?  Ever?  This First Family runs rings around every First Family before them.  Elegant.  Athletic.  Inspiring.  Intelligent.  Faithful.  Trustworthy.  BRAVE.  Outstanding.  It must hurt every time they do something else extraordinary, but it's the REALITY of who they are.  Relax and enjoy this superior family and you'll have a much easier four years.

LOL!  And where's that birth certificate, eh?

Best. President. Ever.

by Little Lulu on Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 07:49:39 AM PST

•  Pleased to meet you. (0+ / 0-)

I have worked many, many hours to support Democratic candidates for many, many decades.  My personal politics are far to the left of most people here.  I am very proud to have Mrs. Obama as my first lady.  Thank you so much for graciously leaping to the conclusion that I think otherwise.

I watched the video many, many times because there was something off about the performance in my very humble and obviously ignorant and foolish opinion.  I don't recognize the First Lady's familiar and beautiful physique, her facial shape, eyes, lips, makeup, hairstyle, expressions and body language in that very poor quality video.  It looks to me like a high quality dramatic performance by someone else.

I am happy to hear that nobody in the entertainment business would ever think of doing this.

You may stuff the imputed "agenda" in the back of your closet.  It doesn't match my outfit.

•  LOL! Too funny! Always the same old I'm a (0+ / 0-)

big LEFTY and have been for YEARS!  And I'll bet you don't believe Osama is dead and Obama won legitimately.  Either that, or you need GLASSES.  That's our fantastic First Lady, no matter how hard it is for you to believe it.  She dances, really well.  She jumps rope (double Dutch, no less) and she likes to compete in the gym and in races and goes out in public doing these things to set an example to help lower the rate of obesity in this country.  No need for a stunt double to pretend the First Lady can dance.  You really should get your eyes checked if you HONESTLY can't see that Michelle Obama was dancing with Jimmy Fallon on his show.

Best. President. Ever.

by Little Lulu on Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 07:41:42 AM PST

•  Little Lulu, I think (0+ / 0-)

maybe we can call a halt to this argument now please:)

I don't think that this person is a troll, just said something impulsively without thinking. We all do that from time to time do we not?

Let's just enjoy the great video and forget about any unpleasantness, we get enough of that from the other side.

Ron Reagan: "Sarah Palin's constituency are people who wear red rubber noses and bells on their shoes."

by AnnetteK on Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 09:04:39 AM PST

•  Skwimmer, I'm afraid you (0+ / 0-)

should have been prepared for pushback, although I disagree with the troll comments.

This President and his wife have been called fakes of every possible kind since they entered the political scene. It gets tedious and people naturally get defensive.

It is hard to fathom anyone believing that Michelle Obama set out to deceive the whole of the world by pretending to do a dance she didn't do. Because that is what you inferred, that Michelle was deliberately intent on deceipt.

With this comment...

I'm amazed that people are so easily fooled.
              you pretty much called every one of us who were enjoying this lovely video stupid, so of course that also got backs up.

Basically you did what Kos calls "taking a dump in someone else's front room".

We were enjoying the diary and having a good time, I'm glad you didn't make your remark at the beginning of the diary (as often happens) because that would have spoilt it for everyone.

We all make intemperate remarks at times and hopefully we are all learning to think before we speak as time goes on.

by AnnetteK on Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 09:00:48 AM PST

•  I certainly didn't say Michelle set out to deceive (0+ / 0-)

There would be no motivation at all for her to set something like this up.

I tuned into the video just like everyone else did, but something did not look right to me.  Still doesn't.  I have looked at it frame by frame.  If somebody saw her perform this live, I'll withdraw my opinion.

•  Well, then the best advice (1+ / 0-)
                  Little Lulu

I can now give you is that you make an urgent appointment at your optometrist.

by AnnetteK on Sun Feb 24, 2013 at 09:26:57 AM PST