View Diary: Abbreviated pundit roundup: Bob Woodward is petty, petulant and above all, wrong (148 comments)

•  As we age our arteries harden reducing oxygen (2+ / 0-)
    chloris creator, xxdr zombiexx

to the brain.  Woodward was just relying on old instinctive responses to phraseology (you'll regret) and he got it wrong but is desperately trying to retain credibility--while losing it--and deny the reality of his age.  We do get funny headed like confused little kids as we wind down.

Building a better America with activism, cooperation, ingenuity and snacks.

by judyms9 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 05:17:03 AM PST

•  We can exercise to mitigate that artery (1+ / 0-)
      Minnesota Deb

hardening, as well as moderate our diets.

I apologize for the offensive outburst of health-related concern.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 05:24:56 AM PST

•  Oh, right, exercise? (1+ / 0-)
        xxdr zombiexx

You mean stand up and move away from the computer? Stop typing and move the other 99% of my body?
        What a novel idea, I might have to try that.
        Thanx, Doc.

If I ran this circus, things would be DIFFERENT!

by CwV on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 06:18:41 AM PST

•  Like I said, I am sorry for such ugly language. (0+ / 0-)

I find myself hopelessly supportive of exercise since it helped me so much.

See, I was SUCH a geeky little weakling that I feel like "If I, of all people, could do it, pretty much anybody must be able to".

I was that little dork you didn't want to have on your high school gym sports team, aa basic victim of jocks and bullies in dodge ball... you know. Bullied as well.

Now, not so much.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 06:25:16 AM PST

•  Yes, indeed, but we all have expiration dates (1+ / 0-)
        xxdr zombiexx

and few of us will wind down without showing it.

Building a better America with activism, cooperation, ingenuity and snacks.

by judyms9 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 06:19:01 AM PST

•  2 words (2+ / 0-)
          Laconic Lib, TerryDarc

Jim Fixx

Jim Fixx, the nation's leading spokesperson for the health benefits of running, had tragically died of a massive heart attack while running alone on that country road. Only 52-years-old, he paid a terrible price for his belief that he didn't have to pay much attention to nutrition, and for thinking that exercise alone was sufficiently protective. An autopsy revealed that three of his coronary arteries were more than 70 percent blocked, and one was 99 percent obstructed.

You may have heard the Jim Fixx story before. He became the butt of late-night jokes as overweight comedians made fun of the fact that the running guru had died of a heart attack. Sedentary people often want to believe that exercise isn't that important. They comfort themselves by telling and retelling the Jim Fixx story, as if the moral was that there's no harm in being a couch potato. But to do that is to miss the point entirely.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 06:28:47 AM PST

•  Good Point! The Right Will Ever Misunderstand (1+ / 0-)
            xxdr zombiexx

And I realize that coach potatoes come in multiple flavors but I think Mississippi and Dick Cheney prove my point.

Time is an enormous, long river, and I’m standing in it, just as you’re standing in it. My elders are the tributaries, and everything they thought and every struggle they went through & everything they gave their lives to flows down to me-Utah Phillips

by TerryDarc on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 08:34:18 AM PST

•  search for "Heart Attack Grill" + "fatalities" (1+ / 0-)
              TerryDarc

to see how far wingnuts take this anti-health shit.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 09:32:56 AM PST

•  Beyond Stupid (0+ / 0-)

Now I remember reading about the idiot who started this atrocity. Go ahead an flaunt your stupidity! Die sooner, please. Take Tubby Tony Scalia with you.

by TerryDarc on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 03:37:16 PM PST

•  Dick Cheney's Heart (0+ / 0-)

"the mechanized hum of another world"...

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 09:33:41 AM PST

•  Yes, But That Was BEFORE His Surgery! (1+ / 0-)
                xxdr zombiexx

Today he keeps his wife awake at night with all the machinery going. ;-)

by TerryDarc on Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 12:26:27 PM PST