View Diary: Iowa Republican wants to ban divorce so his granddaughter doesn't become a slut (182 comments)

•  Absolutely (1+ / 0-)
    LilithGardener

He is supporting legislation to make it harder to get a divorce, right?

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day? George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 06:41:10 PM PST

•  Me thinks someone is getting out from under his (4+ / 0-)
      msmacgyver, anana, kmfmstar, Penny GC

thumb.

And he doesn't like it one bit!

"They did not succeed in taking away our voice" - Angelique Kidjo - Opening the Lightning In a Bottle concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York City - 2003

by LilithGardener on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 07:01:30 PM PST

•  Yes, indeedy, my thoughts, too (3+ / 0-)
        LilithGardener, kmfmstar, Penny GC

These fundies just cannot keep their private lives private.  It's as if they are always on some kind of religious confession tour.

by msmacgyver on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 07:19:10 PM PST

•  New phrase of the day (1+ / 0-)
          msmacgyver
          It's as if they are always on some kind of religious confession tour.
          It has special historical relevance for me. (Sorry I can't be more explicit)

Compulsive confession tour is right.

And that was why candidate Murdock told us that he had actually "wrestled with it" when he decided that a rape from pregnancy was God's special gift to a woman.

by LilithGardener on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 07:33:45 PM PST

•  I'm sorry if my choice of words (1+ / 0-)
            LilithGardener

upset you.

I do find that it's usually pretty easy to figure out where these fundies are coming from.  They live in a little world where everyone knows everyone's business and forgiveness is a very big deal...of course talking about all the stuff which has to be forgiven is the best part.

by msmacgyver on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 08:11:57 PM PST

•  Murdock was actually confessing that he (1+ / 0-)
          msmacgyver

had taken the question seriously, (as if that was somehow shameful, to consider the question seriously).

by LilithGardener on Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 07:35:10 PM PST