View Diary: Happy Birthday, Glenn Greenwald! (266 comments)

•  i am actually involved in an argument that (0+ / 0-)

i've been involved with for a while now. you should know this if you bothered to read the comments, and even though you weren't part of the argument, you certainly did parachute and jump right in.

and i hardly would qualify my point and question as "an attack". that's a bit on the hyperbolic side now dontcha think? how is my question "an attack"? please explain.

and why are you even here, given that you showed up well into the argument and proceeded to jump right in the middle of an argument to post a link to help Troubador out? that seems an awful lot like you were simply coming into this diary cuz there was a fight.

why are you so attracted to pie fights?

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. ~George Orwell

by poligirl on Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 08:06:07 AM PST

•  Oh, sure, I'll explain: (0+ / 0-)

"and the problem you have with it is?"

You proceeded from the assumption that I have a problem with it. You immediately took an adversarial stance. I was trying to gain information because what Troubador was accusing Greenwald of doing was not in line with what I believe Greewald would do.

I don't like Greenwald for my own reasons - his embarrassing episode of sockpuppetry chief among them - but I had no horse in that particular race.

I think your second boldfaced question, therefore, is one you should ask yourself. When I run across a pie fight, it's not uncommon that you're to be found there. And your presence is often an escalating one, before I say a word (and even when I don't, which is often).

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another. -- Jonathan Swift

by raptavio on Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 08:50:59 AM PST

•  um you said it yourself - (0+ / 0-)

"adversarial"; that doesn't mean i'm "attacking" you - that's hyperbolic. and overdramatic.

and i am real life friends with Shiz and so i knew she was doing this diary so i was waiting for it. it should be expected to find me in my friends' diaries pie or no pie, as i mostly agree with them. and most of the time, you'll find me in them fairly early - as soon after posting as possible cuz they're my friends and i want to support their diaries. many times, i arrive prior to pie being thrown. you ought to know that by now.

i rarely see you in diaries that you agree with, cuz i don't seek out pie. for the most part, i stick to diaries that i agree with. not my fault those on the opposition side like to come into diaries to sling mud or back up those who are slinging mud. further, frequently, you parachute in hours after the pie had started.

occasionally i will make a foray into a diary that i don't agree with, but that's rare. you otoh i commonly see in diaries i agree with, and you're usually in there playing koskop or backing up those who came in just to sling mud. and by sling mud, i do not mean argue on the merits of the subject matter, i mean sling mud with next to no substance.

by poligirl on Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 12:24:26 PM PST

•  If the mud with no substance (0+ / 0-)

was solely on one side, you probably wouldn't see me.

You see me because the mud without substance often falls on both sides, while you and your friends back up and support one side while tossing pastry at the other. It's abusive and bullyish behavior, and ultimately, hypocritical. I don't like it when people behave as if people who don't like the President/hate gun control/love gun control/hate the Israelis/hate the Palestinians can do no wrong.

by raptavio on Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 09:30:22 PM PST

•  wow. get a mirror. nt (0+ / 0-)

by poligirl on Sat Mar 09, 2013 at 07:47:00 AM PST

•  You are welcome (0+ / 0-)

to support that implication at your leisure.

I'll expect your supporting evidence by the 12th of never, of course...

by raptavio on Sat Mar 09, 2013 at 12:13:33 PM PST