View Diary: Blue Texas? What the National Media is STILL missing (158 comments)

•  Chuck Todd will distort, (13+ / 0-)

mislead and lie.  Just like a republicant.  His smirks mimic his idol shrub. In no way is he a first, second or even a third rate thinker. He would fit perfectly on faux, cnn or npr.

Don't believe everything you think.

by BrianParker14 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 at 06:49:47 PM PST

•  Sad, isn't it, that even NPR is full of Village-r (7+ / 0-)

idiots these days -- the smart ones having left in disgust or been driven off by the neocon-pandering neutered leadership there. But now it's little better than the rest of the infotainment world.

"Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

by Kombema on Thu Mar 07, 2013 at 07:41:46 PM PST

•  Even their hourly news sounds (6+ / 0-)

like it was authored by fox.  Diane Rehm will never challenge a right wingers outright lie and too often has competing Koch bros orgs (Heritage, AEI, Cato,etc) on at the same time to discuss current events. Have heard her challenge legitimate progressive claims. The guys who have the afternoon shows could easily be on cnn or fox.

Don't believe everything you think.

by BrianParker14 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 at 10:37:03 PM PST

•  That will change. It went that way because of (2+ / 0-)
        Bronx59, Kombema

attacks on it during the Bush years, but it still has the soul of a resource for thoughtful, educated people, which of course means a liberal bias.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 06:36:54 AM PST

•  Actually, (1+ / 0-)
          Kombema

during the shrub years the CEO and board of directors where almost all changed to right wingers.  Their news people DO NOT have a liberal bias.  At the very best they are all about FALSE equivalencies and most of the time have a distinct right wing bias and challenge the few progressive comments.

Don't believe everything you think.

by BrianParker14 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 01:10:05 PM PST

•  I don't know... they're all pretty Broder-esque (0+ / 0-)

these days. I think they got the liberal shit kicked out of them long ago. But I hope you're right. If not, it will be a great historic loss.

by Kombema on Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 07:55:03 PM PST

•  I don't know if anyone noticed this (1+ / 0-)
      samddobermann

But last week on Now with Alex Wagner, Chuck Todd left half way through his allotted time.

Todd is the one person I truly can't stand to watch on MSNBC.  His interaction with the president in press conferences is offensive.  He smirks and rolls his eyes, and the president has to take him seriously.

The MSNBC promo's for each on-air personality capture everything detestable about Todd.  As Maddow talks about infrastructure and O'Donnell talks about the social contract, and Hayes about climate change, Todd did his promo talking about how he is such an important person because he gets to hang out with actual important people.  (NB with video footage of Todd driving into the White House.)

So when Todd talks to David Gregory or Tom Brokaw he treats them as peers and with a respectful tone.  But on Now with Alex Wagner, when Alex asked him a question, he responded with contempt as if he was too important to be on the panel.  He started gesticulating and raising his voice, and talking over Alex, and it just pissed me off.

So I had to decide if I would turn the channel because I hate watching Todd, or I keep watching because I like Alex Wagner.

And then, after the break, Todd was off the panel, and Wagner had to tell the audience that Luke Russert had agreed to fill in for the rest of the show.  Damn I was so happy, and I hope Wagner kicked Todd to the curb, although I imagine that Todd probably had a fit of pique and walked off because he is "an IMPORTANT person."

Anyway, I know people from MSNBC read this site, so if anyone has info on what actually happened, I would love to know.

•  Little lucky Luke is (0+ / 0-)

a perfect example of nepotism.  He is clearly a right winger who is way out of his league (which at best is Little League).

Don't believe everything you think.

by BrianParker14 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 01:11:40 PM PST