View Diary: The NRA is right at home at CPAC (112 comments)

•  Lost? The ABA™ meeting is down the hall (4+ / 0-)

ABA™ - Ankle Biters Anonymous

"They did not succeed in taking away our voice" - Angelique Kidjo - Opening the Lightning In a Bottle concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York City - 2003

by LilithGardener on Fri Mar 15, 2013 at 04:58:29 PM PDT

•  Almost as clever as "Bingo". (0+ / 0-)

Keep working on it, big-shooter.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Fri Mar 15, 2013 at 04:59:23 PM PDT

•  Those childish games that seem so mature when (3+ / 0-)

compared to the facile "arguments" against doing anything to reduce the carnage (aka repeating NRA talking points)!

Then they came for me - and by that time there was nobody left to speak up.

by DefendOurConstitution on Sat Mar 16, 2013 at 06:43:59 AM PDT

•  It's not a game. It is liberties that innocent (0+ / 0-)

Americans have today. Liberties you want to strip from them for your perceived security.

Which you must understand, as your entire argument now consists of
          a) "religion..Gospel!"
          b) "Bingo!"
          c) "NRA!"
          d) "!!!!!!!"

Whereas the argument for gun rights earned a 25 reason 'Bingo card' with 49 more reasons promised for this week (he is late, I wonder why;))....all from someone that is against gun rights.

You have no argument based in anything other than your irrational fears, distrust of your fellow citizens & your dismissive attitude of the Constitutional Amendment that protects these liberties.

It is no wonder that your arguments have fallen to such hilariously absurd depths.

Do keep it up!

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Sat Mar 16, 2013 at 07:14:06 AM PDT

•  Because FREEDUMM! Any regulation = stripping (4+ / 0-)

100% of the Second Amendment rights??

You guys are getting as good as Republicans or the NRA at promoting your cause.

Then they came for me - and by that time there was nobody left to speak up.

by DefendOurConstitution on Sat Mar 16, 2013 at 07:52:13 AM PDT

•  No. Guns are under regulation today. (0+ / 0-)

As is all of the Bill of Rights.
              I am against stripping any of the liberties that Americans currently have. Especially in response to the actions of murderers.

I was given this same 'sacrificing liberty for perceived security' argument for warrantless wiretaps, Gitmo & torture.
              And for the same reasons I opposed warrantless wiretaps, Gitmo & torture, I also oppose the AWB.

So....yeah....basically, 'Freedom'.
              It is truly frightening you find the very word of 'Freedom' so mockable.
              They aren't as common as you seem to think.
              Diminishing them should never be taken lightly.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Sat Mar 16, 2013 at 08:16:17 AM PDT

•  Crime is the real issue here - 4H - BINGO! (2+ / 0-)
            tytalus, Glen The Plumber

Do you mean liberties of innocent Americans, like this guy's right to self-defense when his pregnant wife got up to pee in the middle of the night?

Like the right of this guy to self defense, who was just standing his ground from the comfort of his own bed?

Tell me, do you think pregnant women are guilty of something? That they have no right to life?

I wonder if this guy gets charged (20+ / 0-)

16. YAKIMA, WA, 3/08/13: Another one who thought his wife was an intruder. A pregnant intruder, I guess. Update: She died.
            These types of "mistakes" are very disturbing.

Will men now be able to skip adjudication of domestic violence by simply keeping a loaded gun next to the bed?

Ooopsie, I was scared and confused and shot my wife, or girlfriend, when got up to pee in the middle of the night.

Will "Stand your ground" morph into "I was a afraid my woman was going to leave me, so I only have to say I was afraid of an intruder, and that I was just confused by fear when I shot her dead."

From GuNFAIL IX