View Diary: Guys, If The Girl Is Drunk It Is Rape – Period (165 comments)

•  Stoned? (0+ / 0-)

Seriously? Have you smoked marijuana before?

•  I'm allergic to it. Causes migraines. (0+ / 0-)

Can't even be around the stuff without literally blinding headaches.

Do you deny that an impaired person cannot give consent to sex?

LBJ, Lady Bird, Van Cliburn, Ike, Ann Richards, Barbara Jordan, Molly Ivins, Sully Sullenburger, Drew Brees: Texas is NO Bush League!

by BlackSheep1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 at 07:17:20 PM PDT

•  *I* have, but I only smoked it with my husband. (0+ / 0-)

AN fairly frequently in the distant 890s. And if you get stoned enough, horniness may accompany it (at leasy with me; I can't speak for any other woman)--but you may also be too stoned to consent. Hence the "only around my husband" part. One would hope someone wouldn't take advantage of someone stumbling stoned, any more than stumbling drunk.

The first time I recall being stupidly stoned was ahving cramps and watching WKRP in Cincinatti--the "As God as my witness I thought turkey could fly" episode.  I laughed so ahrd I fell out of a queensize bed.  Turned out to be funny a year alter when I watched it sober.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Sun Mar 17, 2013 at 08:28:24 PM PDT

•  If you truly think that sex while inebriated (1+ / 0-)
        JBNathan85

constitutes rape, then it doesn't matter if it is your husband.

If you truly think that sex while inebriated is rape, then if your husband had sex with another woman, would you support him as a rape victim, or would you divorce him as an adulterer?

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 10:25:09 AM PDT

•  You're playign stupid games. (0+ / 0-)

Worse, you know it.

I knew that I smoked with my husband, sex mighr be the result, which is why we smoked with each other--not ther est of the known world.  It was ALWAYS consensual.  ANd never before we were married, did he get me drunk or stoned to get me into bed. He was an honorable man--you know that old-fashioned concept of honor which these two assholes lacked completely.  And if he'd slept with someone, divorce wouldn't have been an issue, because I knew all the same women he did, and he owuld have told me. It wasn't and isn't a dealbreaker for me--nor now, with my second husband whom I met and married after my first died. Oh, yeah, both played sports in high school--lacrosse, soccer and fencing for my first, football and track for my second--and neither of them would have gotten a girl drunk to get laid.

On the rape charge--if someone had gotten my husband so drunk they were staggering and had ex with them, yes, it 0oculd be rape. And certainly if it a date rape drug. IN fact I know of one case that involved a submissive male who ws meeting two potential Dommes for the first time. He got up to go to the bathroom, leaving his drink there.  When he came back, he finished it, and started feeling really bad.  They suggested he come back to their place and lie down--they'd drove him back to his car in the morning.  He passed out, and came to for a couple of minuites to realize he was being beaten and sodomized with a large dildo, then passed out again. He wokr up the enxt morning with  heavy bruises on his back, legs and chests and a lot of pain.  THAT was rape. MEN can be raped too. Most won't report it however--because the police treat them evenb worse than female victims

You see, they beleived honor and being a gentlemen. Oddly I knew a numbr of men like them.  I actually was there when one of the younger members of my SCA group who was borderline alcoholic, got herself plowed and and had propositioned  a guy. He carried her back to his tent, put her on the bed, then grabbed a spare sleeping mat from someone, plus a blanket and spent the night under the rain flap / porch thingie making sure no one else got a chance to take advantage ofher. Those ar ethe kind of men I know.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 01:12:40 PM PDT

•  If a person is unconscious it is rape. No one (1+ / 0-)
            JBNathan85

denies that.
            However, if intoxication is the threshold for rape, then it is irrelevant if it is your husband. It is irrelevant if you gave consent before or after intoxication. If you cannot, legally, give consent to have sex while in an intoxicated state, then any and all sex while under the influence constitutes rape.

That being the case, if your husband, while being married to you, had some drinks and, while conscious, gave  consent (while intoxicated) to having sex with another woman, would you comfort him as if he were a rape victim, or would you divorce him as if he was an adultorer?

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 01:26:33 PM PDT

•  Read the statute and weep. (0+ / 0-)

In quite a few states you'd find yourself charged with rape. Kansas and Ohio are two .

And stop with the personal insults.  I answered this.  You just didn't like my answers .And we're not talking about a few drinks. We're talking about the point where the bartender takes your keys and calls a cab. And yoiu fucking know that.

Don't bother responding unless for your personal satisfaction at showing how big an asshole you can be--because I won't be reading it. I have better things to do with my time.

The last time we mixed religion and politics people got burned at the stake.

by irishwitch on Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 03:03:26 PM PDT

•  "personal insults"? Like what? Quote me. (1+ / 0-)
                JBNathan85

And you still haven't answered....if your husband gets drunk and has sex with another woman, would you consider him a rape victim or an adulterer?

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 04:20:33 PM PDT

• Freddie Gray (23)
  • Education (23)
  • Rescued (23)
  • Republicans (22)
  • Politics (22)
  • Health Care (21)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site