View Diary: You See Where This is Headed, Right? (271 comments)

•  In 2008 (22+ / 0-)

Hillary was surrounded by the most venal corporatist DLC types in the party, chosen by her to run her campaign.  People like Lanny Davis and Mark Penn.  Even Obama was a more plausible progressive than Hillary was, and that's saying something.

I'm hope, hope, hoping for Elizabeth Warren to run.  Even though I know better than to put faith in a politician, I love how the woman speaks plain truth to the oligarchs.  I bet the more people hear her, the more a lot of folks will love it too.  That's the kind of Democratic candidate we need.

Citizens United defeated by citizens, united.

by Dallasdoc on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:37:41 PM PDT

•  And there would be a coolness factor (1+ / 0-)
      Dallasdoc

to have two women as the top two people running for the nomination. Imagine another prolonged primary period (similar to Clinton-Obama) but this time with Warren & Clinton. Would be great to see Warren staking out the left in such a scenario. And maybe a better chance that she'd govern left than Obama ended up doing.

Don't trust anyone over 84414

by BentLiberal on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:43:05 PM PDT

•  I don't know that Warren has the (5+ / 0-)
      Dallasdoc, peregrine kate, caul, Nulwee, kurt

desire or native ability to be President.  I say that as someone with the utmost respect for her (although my positions on many issues are well to her Left on many issues) intelligence and her common sense.

I don't want to wave around a "Executive Experience" issue card, but it's there.

She's definitely among the top 5 people I would pick who have even a remote chance of winning, but I don't know if she even wants it.

income gains to the top 1% from 2009 to 2011 were 121% of all income increases. How did that happen? Incomes to the bottom 99% fell by 0.4%

by JesseCW on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:49:58 PM PDT

•  Agree and Disagree (2+ / 0-)
        Dallasdoc, kurt

I agree that she doesn't appear most likely to run at this point.

On the other hand, I could totally picture her as the president, despite the fact that she does not fit the mold of many of the presidents we've had recently.

"Today is who you are" - my wife

by I Lurked For Years on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:53:38 PM PDT

•  How much executive experience did Obama have? (2+ / 0-)

Warren has already shown that when thwarted in one direction, she's not afraid to move up.  Since she's not likely to be a mover and shaker in the Senate, especially on the Banking Cmte. where she's probably destined to remain a gadfly, another move up might not seem entirely out of the question for her.  Especially if she gets a lot of grassroots encouragement.

Citizens United defeated by citizens, united.

by Dallasdoc on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:58:36 PM PDT

•  How did Obama turn out? (0+ / 0-)

I want to be clear - I'm not against her.  I really don't think we've got a snowballs chance in 2016 and I'd much prefer to get someone who can sell real Democratic ideals even if they're probably going to lose.

Because changing the conversation matters.

But management is a strength, and it's not one she's had the opportunity to display on a very large scale yet.

by JesseCW on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 08:10:22 PM PDT