View Diary: Saturday Morning Garden Blogging Vol. 9.5 (277 comments)

•  Hey, are you getting some rain? (4+ / 0-)
    estreya, Frankenoid, jayden, mikidee

I just checked the regional map to see if our forecast for a little snow tonight was going to materialize and it looked like rain in your area.

More: Some men think the Earth is round, others think it flat; it is a matter capable of question. But if it is flat, will the King's command make it round? And if it is round, will the King's command flatten it?

by blueoasis on Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 07:22:30 PM PDT

•  Clear as a bell. (5+ / 0-)
      blueoasis, mikidee, estreya, kishik, Frankenoid

But a little cooler; it's only going to get into the low 60s today.

Bbbbrrrrr!!!

Not this mind and not this heart, I won't rot • Mumford & Sons

by jayden on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 06:05:14 AM PDT

•  Bbbbrrrrr!!! Indeed!!! Lol. (5+ / 0-)
        jayden, mikidee, estreya, kishik, Frankenoid

There was a big green splotch but apparently missed you.
        I know sometimes looking here at the regional, it looks like we're getting rain until I hit local and it's quite different.  We did get a little snow, enough to barely cover everything.

by blueoasis on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 06:24:36 AM PDT

•  I welcome big green splotches! (5+ / 0-)
          blueoasis, mikidee, estreya, kishik, Frankenoid

We just can't seem to get any interested in visiting anymore.

Last time it rained I gardened in it. Later I found out one of my neighbors went for a walk during the same time. We both enjoyed staying out in the rain and getting soaking wet.

Not this mind and not this heart, I won't rot • Mumford & Sons

by jayden on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 06:48:44 AM PDT

•  I've been known to be guilty of such (3+ / 0-)
            estreya, Frankenoid, jayden

uncivilized behaviors.  As dry as it is, I was able to restrain myself yesterday.

Of course, it's such sinful practices that our states' politicians assure us is bringing about our demise.  Pray, privalize and flood them with the other form of green stuff, that's the answer.  God will likely lead them to taxing home gardeners next.

I think I've been especially wicked since it's already down to freezing and a long night ahead.

by blueoasis on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 06:10:53 PM PDT

•  Yes (3+ / 0-)
              estreya, blueoasis, Frankenoid

but I was wearing clothes...

Not this mind and not this heart, I won't rot • Mumford & Sons

by jayden on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 06:35:15 AM PDT

•  I've done that. (3+ / 0-)
                estreya, jayden, Frankenoid

The neighbors seem to prefer it, but it does restrict the rituals.

We're just at .71 of the average 3.9 for the month, so I'm open to alternate theories.  At least it's supposed to warm back close to normal by Thursday with some possibilities of rain for the weekend.  If we don't get some decent rains the next two months, summer really will seem like hell.

by blueoasis on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 04:24:03 PM PDT