View Diary: How not to behave in the men's room (248 comments)

•  A lot of women (19+ / 0-)

Will take smaller boys (10 and younger) into a women's restroom so they can make sure they are safe.. they worry about them going into a bathroom alone with a lot of men.  It may be an irrational fear, but it doesn't harm anyone.

I have been at concerts where the line to a woman's restroom was so long that women couldn't get in but the mens room moved fast.. I have had no problem letting a date into a men's restroom and watching a stall for her to make sure she actually could use the restroom rather than dance around outside.

I mean, WTF, they aren't there to molest you or stare at your junk, they just want to get their business done.  Give it a rest

Gandhi's Seven Sins: Wealth without work; Pleasure without conscience; Knowledge without character; Commerce without morality; Science without humanity; Worship without sacrifice; Politics without principle

by Chris Reeves on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 11:07:46 AM PDT

•  I have been a frequent user of men's room (13+ / 0-)

stalls under these circumstances, with or without a male "watcher", just because the lines move quicker.

The issue isn't so great in women's rooms, because the facilities always have stalls, so there is always some degree of privacy.

Words can sometimes, in moments of grace, attain the quality of deeds. --Elie Wiesel

by a gilas girl on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 12:08:09 PM PDT

•  Uh, you totally missed my point. (3+ / 0-)
      rserven, tmservo433, aitchdee
      Did I say I was worried about my privacy or that I had any concerns? Nope. I said I don't pay much attention to them. I don't really care why they're there because they don't bother me. People do things for their reasons. It's not my place to judge.

You have no idea who I am or what my experience with transgender individuals is. You should really back off here.

You might want to read the words I actually wrote and not assume the worst about others.

And you might even take your own advice and

Give it a rest.

© grover

by grover on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 12:34:31 PM PDT

•  Clearly your fear is not so irrational (3+ / 0-)
      rserven, JVolvo, blueoasis

they might get chased out of the mens room by some scary whacko.

•  Hmmm... (2+ / 0-)
      rserven, JVolvo
      they aren't there to molest you or stare at your junk
      Of COURSE they are! Realize that in the minds of people who think like this guy EVERYONE is out to molest him or stare at his junk, because he's the perfect specimen of masculinity and they just can't HELP staring or molesting!

That's why it's so important to men like this that they know there are no gay men or trans-men or women in their traditionally straight male nekkidspaces like locker rooms, men's rooms or showers.

Good lord, it's probably a godsend that most straight men are actually clueless about what some gay men do in those men's rooms and locker rooms and showers...

The last time the Republicans were this radical, they were working to elect former slaves to Congress. What a difference a century and a half makes!

by jayjaybear on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 03:11:59 PM PDT

•  Straight or gay (1+ / 0-)
        rserven

I'm not sure I'd be thrilled about others having sex in public men's rooms and locker rooms.  Nor, would I guess, the mother who this diary is about care for that going on in the bathroom where she sent her child.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 04:19:08 PM PDT

•  Anybody does that in a ... (1+ / 0-)
        rserven

...public rest room I'm using would get a bucket of water dumped on them if I could find one.

Boehner Just Wants Wife To Listen, Not Come Up With Alternative Debt-Reduction Ideas

by dov12348 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 04:32:46 PM PDT

• Media (19)
  • Law (19)
  • Science (16)
  • Politics (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Barack Obama (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site