View Diary: Iraq, Iran and the folly of preventive war (45 comments)

•  Distinction without a difference (1+ / 0-)
    truong son traveler

If you read the comments we both say they are not a threat yet the ruling class gin them up as if they were.

I'm done here because obviously the intent is not genuine because if you researched either of us you would undersatnd

There are no sacred cows.

by LaEscapee on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 06:12:03 PM PDT

•  Big Al (0+ / 0-)

I believe the title of Big Al's comment is "Iran is a threat to the western ruling class".  That seems pretty definitive.

Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre.

by Sky Net on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 06:15:50 PM PDT

•  A threat to it's hegemony and world domination. (3+ / 0-)

The same old thing.  LE knows that, he was referring to WMDs and other security dangers.  We agree.

"The Global War OF Terror is a justification for U.S. Imperialism. It must be stopped."

by BigAlinWashSt on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 06:19:50 PM PDT

•  WMD (0+ / 0-)

I think we'd all agree that Iran doesn't really pose a big security threat, I'm with you there.  But Iran posing a threat to "world domination"?  Iran doesn't pose a threat to anyone, full stop.  What the hell is little Iran going to do?

Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre.

by Sky Net on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 06:23:16 PM PDT

•  Are you being sarcastic on me, can't figure out (1+ / 0-)
            truong son traveler

your angle.
            Never mind, like I said, it's a waste of time.

by BigAlinWashSt on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 06:42:07 PM PDT

•  Not sarcastic (1+ / 0-)
              LaEscapee

Just trying to figure out what possible threat Iran could be to anybody's plans for "global domination".  I can't imagine what they could possibly do.

Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre.

by Sky Net on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 06:54:38 PM PDT

•  See the problem with the internet is that people (1+ / 0-)
                truong son traveler

will bait you, try to get you to say something that they're fully aware of so they can shoot it down and/or ridicule it.  Playing games.
                Not saying you are doing that, it appears not, but it's happened to me numerous times when discussing things like this.
                I do think this diary actually promotes the idea that a "preventive" war on Iran would be because of a nuke or nuclear capability which I don't feel is the case.  And if that's not the case, there must be a different reason or reasons for attacking Iran. I believe there are numerous reasons.
                Have a good evening, got go get some food.

by BigAlinWashSt on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 07:07:45 PM PDT

•  None whatsoever (2+ / 0-)
                truong son traveler, Sandino

And I think that is the point we all are attempting to make.

Gulf of Tonkin, WMD's,Aluminum Tubes there will always be a reason for those seeking profit. It's not a new game they just change the rules to deceive the fans to convince them they still matter.

I know that is a pretty simplistic statement but just like "If you build it they will come" was a great line it's a  true and effective approach that propogandists use to motivate the buyer. These are way deep thoughts and opinions I appreciate the fact you discussed without accusing. I don't kn ow where we are headed let's hope it's not into the abyss.

You have a good night brother peace on us all man

There are no sacred cows.

by LaEscapee on Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 07:26:57 PM PDT