View Diary: Goldman Sachs & Bain Capital are in Deep Pooh Pooh This Time? (61 comments)

•  kovie - I;m a yid too - and it is has nothing (1+ / 0-)
    kovie

to do with the fact that "many" (higher profile) bad faith parties are yids.

Romney's is a Mormon.

I'm not attacking the good people of that faith - just because some of their higher ups are ebol.

That would be like attacking a fellow kossack, for being American, because GW Bush is one (purportedly)!

Mitt Romney was CEO of Bain until Aug 2001. Proof of Bain & Romney Fraud

by laserhaas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 01:00:40 PM PDT

•  I know it's not because they're Jewish or Mormon (1+ / 0-)
      laserhaas

Rather, I'm sad and upset that they do this BECAUSE they're Jewish or Mormon, especially since I'm the former.

Plus, the inevitable antisemitism when this happens.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 01:16:44 PM PDT

•  I know, I face it all the time. While this saga (1+ / 0-)
        kovie

has been going on - I help senior citizens in foreclosure, eviction and probate estate fraud cases.

One case was a man who was Lebonese and his wife was Jewish. When she passed away (due to Fen Phen) - her two sons (of course being yids' by Hebrew law/tradition) - decided to forge a will and toss the ole man out of the house they were born and raised in - for 30 years.

They stole $1.8 million - because he never could read or write (wife handled it all).

Even though the probate law in CA states that the surviving spouse has 60 days - and can evict those over 18 - he hired an attorney who was a friend of his sons.

When the kids gambled and snorted away the $1.8 million - they then went to take away their dads house (Life Estate)

If it had been 2 minority kids taking a Jewish ole man's home - it would have been a nationwide case.

That is why I "paid" $10,000 out of my pocket (his fees and expenses) - to take the case. The kids were breaking Halakha law.

Though he was evicted on the day I moved in to protect him (and the kids threatened me with a knife) - I managed to get a 3 year Restraining Order for physical, mental and financial abuse.

Would have gotten the house too - if they dad had not lied to the judge (trying to stiff me the $10,000 he owed me) - (apple not far from that tree).

The old man and sons I regret knowing;
        but the issue was worth the battle

Mitt Romney was CEO of Bain until Aug 2001. Proof of Bain & Romney Fraud

by laserhaas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 01:32:19 PM PDT

•  Wow, sad case (1+ / 0-)
          laserhaas

I wish we had you as a lawyer. My family's been involved in a situation not entirely different from this. I may kosmail you with some details to ask if you can refer me to good local resources or offer general advice to help deal with it. One of the reasons I get so livid about injustice is that it's happened to us.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 01:51:53 PM PDT

•  Kovie - I would be HAPPY to help - (1+ / 0-)
            kovie

Just remember - I'm only helping to educate you of other cases out there -

I Am NOT an attorney or advisor

Just one who actually gives a [c]hit about this stuff.

(BTW - we are helping in New York with probate corruption by the courts (see Ethicsgate ))

My left arm better - is filing a D.C. suit on this very issue.

You can email me at laser.haas@yahoo.com

Glad to help.

Mitt Romney was CEO of Bain until Aug 2001. Proof of Bain & Romney Fraud

by laserhaas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 02:08:49 PM PDT

•  Thanks, really appreciate it (1+ / 0-)
              laserhaas

I'll put together a concise description of the situation so as to not waste your time with extraneous stuff.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777