Skip to main content

View Diary: Top Comments: My beautiful in-laws Edition (93 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  I don't know if this is helpful, but (8+ / 0-)

    I applied for SS at 62.  At the time I was advised to wait until I turned 65 and then change to collect on my x's SS
    because the amount would be greater then.  Not just greater than the amount I would collect on my own, but greater in amount from his.  I did not have any problem changing it.  Depending on the outcome of DOMA you should consult with your local Social Security Office.  It can't hurt and doesn't cost anything but time.  

    Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't.... (then it's on to Plan B or more duct tape).

    by Aunt Pat on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 07:59:18 PM PDT

    [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site