Skip to main content

View Diary: Do you have your birth certificate? (250 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Changing your name doesn't require an (8+ / 0-)

    attorney. All the forms you need to file are online, along with instructions as to the process. My daughter decided to change her last name when she turned 18. We filed the paperwork with the District Court, and they gave us a court date. Judges in District Court are very deferential to those without an attorney. We were in Court for about 10 minutes and it was a done deal. Note: This is New Mexico. Each state has their own process.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site