View Diary: Bitcoin Bubble Bound to Burst (52 comments)

•  You just don't know when you stop digging (0+ / 0-)

Do you?

CampBX has been saying for over a year that "short-selling is right around the corner". It's never going to happen. Ever.

you say "probably soon", but you have no clue, you dont know when, because you dont know the technical aspects behind it. Unlike you, I've actually investigated this and understand how the markets work and the complications behind a derivatives-style trading platform for bitcoin. People with integrity can usually admit when they're wrong, but you try to figure out ways to avoid admitting yourself....

You should really just not discuss a topic you clearly are not knowledgeable on. It seems like this whole time you've been just googling and trying to figure out what's going on and making yourself look like a fool in the process, to be frank.

I was being specific in pointing out that you were spreading lies about me, by saying that your claim that i was "inconveniently leaving out facts" when, in reality, you just didn't know what you were talking about. It's important people know the truth, and when you lie, people should know that you lied about me.

So no, you can't short-sell bitcoins, no it won't be available soon, no, not even probably.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 05:13:47 PM PDT

•  So why do you hate bit coin so much? (1+ / 0-)
      DeadHead

You really haven't answered what this crusade against bit coin is about. Does it have to do with your conspiracy theories about Assange? Or are you worried the Austrians are going to take over? I don't get why you're so against it given you won't say why.

Okay, so neither of us has any idea when you'll be able to short sell it. And yet you swear that it will never happen.

And no, I'm not a economics expert, but you're working with only a tiny bit of information about the bit coin market and making a pretty big jump from a price table and some assumptions.

If debt were a moral issue then, lacking morals, corporations could never be in debt.

by AoT on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 05:22:55 PM PDT

•  As we speak (1+ / 0-)
        fabucat

The market has been correcting down. It touched $100 earlier and it's already trading down around below $90 now:

Actually, I do know when people will be able to short sell it: never. Like I said. You may not know, but I do. I have researched this market, you haven't. And I am not a speculator, I am an econ guy, and when I see something outrageous like this, I am inspired to write about it.

Maybe you need to re-read my diary if you still don't grasp why I've determined how this market is a bubble/scam.

I don't have "conspiracy theories" about Assange. His entire adult life is a conspiracy theory. He lives in the god damn Ecuadoran embassy in London ffs.

Now you're being petty and insulting. So don't bother replying anymore please, you're not a serious individual.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 05:27:21 PM PDT

•  *I'm* being petty and insulting (1+ / 0-)
          DeadHead

You're the one who left a comment denouncing me.

I'll ask again, what makes you so opposed to bit coin. You really don't want to answer that question do you? Why the crusade? You personally attack me when I question what you're saying and accuse me of having a "vested interest" which is a giant lie. I should have just HRed you and left, because calling people shills is against the rules.

And again, I never said that the diary was wrong or that there wasn't a bubble, I was throwing out alternate possibilities and you got personally insulted.

you're not a serious individual.

Says the person who lied about me being a shill.

by AoT on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 05:32:42 PM PDT

•  Hah! (0+ / 0-)

I caught you making multiple posts in this thread pumping bitcoin, lying about the ability to short bitcoin, and suggesting bitcoin would be going up because of demand from Europe (without any facts).

I looked into your profile to see you were associated with Occupy and other organizations that are heavy bitcoin supporters.

I drew the line between the two points.

You took it upon yourself to provide false information to individuals in this thread regarding the short-saleability of bitcoin and its potential and the metrics of its valuation.

Seeing as this is my diary, I was initially being kind by simply pointing out this conflict of interest so that people could see your bad information about short-selling as probably connected to this, and in response you bit my head off (instead of apologizing and admitting you were wrong about short-selling).

You've successfully stuffed up the entire comments thread of this diary entry now, which makes it that much harder for people who took the time to read the entry and who actually have experience with and understand the market to discuss this topic.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 05:46:58 PM PDT

•  You're the one in attack mode (0+ / 0-)

Trying to shut down any conversation that doesn't agree with your view. Kinda like when you attempted, right off the bat, to somehow discredit AoT with the "associated with OWS" bullshit.

Post a diary, expect some dissent. It takes two to "stuff up the entire comments thread." You are the other half.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 06:37:17 PM PDT

•  Dissent is fine (0+ / 0-)

But lying is not.

And I was in attack mode because of the combination of lies, repetition, and the connections I saw (Wiki+OWS) with the person (AoT) responsible for those things.

I'm open for dissent, but not if it's about "hey short-selling is possible" or multiple shaky (false reference to higher European demand, "given there's a limited number, it should go up against the dollar") talking points for bitcoin going up.

Perhaps AoT is being good-natured, but it wasn't coming off that way at the time, because he was making claims I knew to be untrue about shortselling in the market particularly.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 06:50:07 PM PDT

•  In other words (0+ / 0-)
                  You're not open for dissent if it runs counter to the narrative of your "I'm not sure, but I want to go on the record now just in case" diary.

Because you have some insider knowledge that makes your scenario the only possible outcome. Yet you're still not sure, and want to go on the record, just in case, so you'll be able to say "I was right! I was right!" And your dairy couldn't likewise be seen as a set of "talking points."

Got it.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 07:09:37 PM PDT

•  Uh, yea (0+ / 0-)

What did you think this was, a paid investor newsletter? Get over yourself, it's a diary entry.

Go read some other diaries and harass them for using speculation to go on the record in 1% of a diary posted.

I'm sure you'd be surprised to see how your standards are quite special just for me.

Try actually reading the diary, instead of only joining the comments thread to "back up" your buddy.  Hey, if you actually read, you might even learn something.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 12:58:00 AM PDT

•  I was wrong about short selling (1+ / 0-)
                  DeadHead

Not lying. And you never actually addressed the main issue I brought up with anything except a blanket dismissal of the entire possibility that people in Europe could be buying bit coins. You just said it wasn't true. I'm sorry for being an asshole after that but I tend to get angry when people lie about me being a shill.

I brought up my points in the hope that you'd address them and instead you decided I was your enemy and part of some conspiracy. Neither of those things is true.

by AoT on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 07:24:16 PM PDT

•  And yes, you have a conspiracy theory (1+ / 0-)
          DeadHead

about Assange, it's right there in the diary, the one that I did in fact read.

by AoT on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 05:33:33 PM PDT

•  I'm another non-serious individual (0+ / 0-)

who would like to inform you that, in this subthread, you're the one being a dick.

And no, I'm not calling you names, I'm describing your behavior.

~ Jerry Garcia