View Diary: Obama issues Executive Order to investigate voter suppression (212 comments)

•  Ok that's just an outright lie (0+ / 0-)

There's no way in hell you haven't come across a comment of mine in which I've praised or complimented Obama on anything.

Obama ended the Iraq war and signed Lily Ledbetter, both good things.

There, I just proved what a lie you just told.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 11:05:43 AM PDT

•  Wow. (0+ / 0-)

Impressive degrees of arrogance in thinking I monitor what you or any other suxxer have been writing.

But good on you! You said two good things about Obama.

Now tell me the good parts of this EO.

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another. -- Jonathan Swift

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 11:11:32 AM PDT

•  Interesting, isn't it (0+ / 0-)

That you seem more than able to track down my "Obama-hating" comments but not the ones that say nice things about him. Obviously pure random luck. And I'm the one predisposed towards one-sided thinking...

But I accept your apology.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 12:59:10 PM PDT

•  What can I say? (0+ / 0-)

You stick out like a sore thumb when there's great news and you're being whiny about it.

If there's great news and you agree it's great news, I don't imagine you'd be noticed.

I notice you're unwilling to say anything good about this good news.

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 01:26:33 PM PDT

•  It's not really such great news (0+ / 0-)

Bipartisan commissions are what you typically appoint when you want to look like you're doing something you don't really want to do much about. If he was serious about this he'd task the DoJ to look into election law and voting rights violations and appoint an task group to investigate election and voting issues and recommend real reform. He's the president and doesn't need the approval of some fake bipartisan GOP hack for political cover.

Can you name one presidential commission whose work led to real reform?

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 04:19:32 PM PDT

•  Sure. (0+ / 0-)

The Roberts Commission.
              The Rogers Commission.
              The Watkins Commission.

Surprises me you can't name any.

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 05:34:32 PM PDT

•  The who what? (0+ / 0-)

These were decades ago, back when there actually was bipartisanship. How about we also include the Taft Commission and the Lewis & Clark Expedition?

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 05:46:14 PM PDT

•  You didn't say "in recent history." (0+ / 0-)

When you get your bluff called, you shift the goalposts. Dishonest of you.

Bush's commissions were a joke. Clinton had almost none, and they were not of significant consequence. Two that I'm aware of. That leaves three for Obama prior to this one. So you've got a -very- small pool if you want to constrain it so.

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 06:25:46 PM PDT

•  And how exactly does ancient history (0+ / 0-)

matter here? Your most recent one was in the late 80's, before Repubs went apeshit over Clinton and decided to wage a 20 year war. I'm not completely against commissions for certain issues. Gun control might have been a good way to give Repubs cover for going along with some of it. But at this point vote suppression is pretty much all they have--along with tanking the economy yet again. You really think they're going to cooperate with Obama on either?

I never snark about such things gratuitously, even though you think I do, nor am I inclined to "hate" out of poutraged infantilism. I've been following politics since the early 70's and I can tell a real effort from an optical one. Disagree if you like but don't assume that us "haters" are just disappointed purists who didn't get their pony. This stuff actually matters to us.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 07:51:30 PM PDT

•  I would believe you (0+ / 0-)

if you didn't keep shifting and changing your argument when you issue a direct challenge, get it answered, then shift the goalposts.

But that's what you do, and that's why you lack credibility.

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 08:13:35 PM PDT

•  No, it's what you say I do (0+ / 0-)

And you're the last person to tell anyone about credibility since you've never done anything but rubber stamp everything Obama's done and attack anyone who won't. It's literally the only thing you do here--ever.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 10:02:21 PM PDT

•  Funny statement (0+ / 0-)

from the guy who called me a liar earlier today. A very cursory review of my comments today puts the lie to your remarks.

But nice 'tu quoque' there, chum. The bit dog hollers.

Bye now. Have a nice night.

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 10:05:53 PM PDT