View Diary: Bookflurries-Bookchat: What Did You Expect? (172 comments)

•  Thank you! (5+ / 0-)

I enjoy your pictures so much.  Did you take this from the train?

I am glad you could stop by!!!

Join us at Bookflurries-Bookchat on Wednesday nights 8:00 PM EST

by cfk on Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 01:27:17 AM PDT

•  Taken from the California Zephyr indeed! (4+ / 0-)
      bookgirl, high uintas, RiveroftheWest, cfk

Wonderful threads to read after a long day of work -- creative and exciting work, though, not to mention extra contacts with some very creative people and ex-bandmates.

I'll shoot again on the route back to Salt Lake.

Millions of us – the majority – must come together to insist that President Obama and the Democrats stand up and fight for the things we sent them there to do ... Michael Moore

by MT Spaces on Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 08:05:52 AM PDT

•  Wow! MT (3+ / 0-)
        RiveroftheWest, MT Spaces, cfk

My grandma used to have an old flip book of hand colored pics of "The Feather River Route" on whatever they called the train then. I used to look at it all the time when I was a kid, that picture so reminds me of that.

When I was 26 I got a chance to live near there in Paradise CA for awhile. It's beautiful country and I loved my time there. We would probably still be there but there were no jobs at the time.

Good to see you MT. I thought of you yesterday, I've been cleaning out books and found a Cosmic Aeroplane book mark in one of them!

"The scientific nature of the ordinary man is to go on out and do the best you can." John Prine

by high uintas on Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 08:47:36 AM PDT

•  Send it to Charley Hafen's Jewelers! (3+ / 0-)
          cfk, high uintas, RiveroftheWest

A scan at least -- No kidding -- I'm doing the Cosmic Aeroplane's Memorabilia page: http://cosmicaeroplane.wordpress.com/

by MT Spaces on Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 11:23:47 AM PDT

•  I will do that (2+ / 0-)
            cfk, MT Spaces

It would be nice to know it isn't just moldering in my drawer. But, I'm keeping my Ron Brown's Gandalf, Bilbo and the Dwarves picture along with my Passey Cosmic Aeroplane wall calendar, even if both of them are later copies. Mine.

by high uintas on Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 12:55:28 PM PDT

•  Great page BTW (3+ / 0-)
              cfk, RiveroftheWest, MT Spaces

I have great memories of every one of the locations. I'll always remember the first time I went to the 9th and 9th spot, I'd found my people!

by high uintas on Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 01:03:42 PM PDT