View Diary: Louie Gohmert opposes gun control because marriage equality leads to bestiality (120 comments)

•  maybe (1+ / 0-)
    gritsngumbo
    It makes you wonder who's crazier: Louie Gohmert or the 71.4 percent of voters in his congressional district who supported his reelection.
    Maybe the better question is --How bad is the Democratic Party, that it loses to such morons?  Sometimes the problem is "us," not "them."

Apres Bush, le deluge.

by melvynny on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 06:47:11 AM PDT

•  No, it's them. There anyway. (0+ / 0-)

Pick a different district....say, Eric Canter's district!  There, it's us.

•  The Democratic party members (0+ / 0-)

in Gohmer's district aren't "bad," they're outnumbered 3-to-1 (at least).  You can pity them, but don't blame them for the election of Gohmert.

"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican." - H. L. Mencken

by SueDe on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 07:52:00 AM PDT

•  why (1+ / 0-)
        DSPS owl

People in his district aren't unusually stupid, they are misinformed--that's our fault.  Instead of blaming them, we need to educate them.  Take Obamacare--it hasn't been sold --

Apres Bush, le deluge.

by melvynny on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 08:01:10 AM PDT

•  In Texas, it's neither. (1+ / 0-)
          SueDe

In Texas and my grand state of Oklahoma, there is still an astounding number of Dixiecrats.

In 2000, 55 percent of Oklahoman voters were Democrats. Hasn't changed much, these folks are Conservative!

Party affiliation doesn't mean a thing. They still vote Red.

I can bring all the logic and facts to the table, with a Democrat, and they'll go right on listening to Rush and vote Red.

What's more, in rural Oklahoma, the Democratic party is just as conservative as the Republican party. There's little conflict. Even the Democratic winners are reactionaries.

In a world of the blind, the one eyed man is a pariah. Ask Galileo. Ask Darwin.

by OKParrothead on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 08:58:32 AM PDT

•  I live in OK, too (0+ / 0-)

How does any democrat listen to Rush?  Ack!  I can't even imagine his voice without cringing.  The vitriol he spews.  It burns!

How does one achieve nirvana? Lower your expectations. Problem solved. Crisis averted.

by darlalalala on Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 03:19:16 PM PDT

•  You're right melvynny, (0+ / 0-)

the majority of voters in Gohmert's district are not necessarily stupid.  But most of them are completely close-minded.  It's not possible to "educate" anyone who refuses to open his mind.

by SueDe on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 05:10:48 PM PDT