View Diary: POTUS to Return 5% of Salary in Solidarity with Furloughed Workers (231 comments)

•  that's a lovely strawman (2+ / 0-)
    Smoh, mamamorgaine

I said nothing about conforming.

However if all you are going to do is post comment after comment after comment about how you don't like this, you think it's meaningless etc etc isn't that just repeating yourself? Isn't that just spamming a diary you don't like?

Diaries are not always for everyone, gods know there are diaries I avoid because I happen to utterly and diametrically disagree with the diarist. I would think the same applies here.

The truth is most of the 'criticism' in this diary seems to be more about Obama not being able to do anything right and frankly at that point I question the actual motivation of said 'criticism'

just my 2 cents

In the time that I have been given,
    I am what I am

by duhban on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 05:34:06 PM PDT

•  Is that a fucking joke? (1+ / 0-)
      ffour

So "Obama is God" diaries should never see criticism, and "Obama sucks" diaries should never see rebuttals?

People should just play in their own little sandboxes...and any dissent in a diary is "spam", am I understanding you correctly?

You have a very odd sense of free speech, duhban...very odd indeed.

Adequate health care should be a LEGAL RIGHT in the U.S without begging or bankruptcy. Until it is, we should not dare call our society civilized.

by Love Me Slender on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 05:42:11 PM PDT

•  again a strawman (1+ / 0-)
        Smoh

tell you what when you have the maturity to deal with what I am actually saying and not launch into emotional hyperbole, let's talk.

Till then I am uninterested in continually shooting down your strawman

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 05:49:15 PM PDT

•  Uh, you have it wrong there bub... (2+ / 0-)
          ffour, zaka1

YOU are the one crying with emotion-filled hyperbole...most likely to protect dear president at all costs, regardless of the nature of criticism of him.

And you sure do like to use the word "strawman" a lot...but if you really understood what the word meant, you'd know that the word means to put forth a fallacy or misrepresentation. That many think Obama giving up 5% of a $400,000 salary that adds to his millions is a useless gesture is an OPINION, not a fallacy.

Frankly, the "strawman" here is that Obama's gesture means jack shit...because I have seen little evidence that it means anything at all to anyone except those seeking to defend him at all costs.

by Love Me Slender on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 05:57:11 PM PDT

•  ps (0+ / 0-)

'free speech' doesn't exist on this site, it's markos' site, he sets the rules and if we don't like it then we are free to go else where and I'm pretty sure there's a rule against continually repeating yourself

If you don't like a diary or are going to be so incensed emotionally you can't handle it then don't click on it. Really taht simple

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 05:50:52 PM PDT

•  Nice try, but dissent is not stifled here... (2+ / 0-)
          ffour, zaka1

This is not the Obama Blog Network...it is a political blog...and though it does belong to Markos, it does NOT belong to YOU. If you do not like dissent of the president's policies or actions, scamper along because I will not kiss his ass or exclude my opinions to please you or anyone else.

by Love Me Slender on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 05:59:08 PM PDT

•  for the upteen time (0+ / 0-)

that is a freaken straw man

And frankly I'm sick of your stupidity

In the time that I have been given,
            I am what I am

by duhban on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 06:11:52 PM PDT

•  First you misunderstand your own term, then you... (1+ / 0-)
              zaka1

...call names.

Thank you for announcing to the entire blog that you have lost the argument. Have a terrific night!

by Love Me Slender on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 08:49:10 PM PDT

•  lol you couldn't fight your rethorical way (0+ / 0-)

out of a paper bag and your antics are pathetically chidlish but hey you have a terrific night too. You 'won' which seems to be vastly more important to your ego by laying on one strawman after another.

I've said none of what you claim and franklyI think you either intellectually dishonest with yourself or me.

In the time that I have been given,