View Diary: Help Us Stop Chained CPI (83 comments)

•  A Cantwell staffer (4+ / 0-)
    elwior, Boppy, ek hornbeck, bleeding blue

told me she was against chained CPI when I called about a month ago.

She hasn't made any speeches on the subject, but
    I'm sure there's a page deep in the bowels of the internet
    verifying this.

"...on the (catch a) human network. Cisco."

by hoplite9 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 01:27:43 AM PDT

•  Thanks for that! (2+ / 0-)
      ek hornbeck, elwior

n/m

Money ain't free speech and it won't buy you love.

by waztec on Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 07:38:39 AM PDT

•  I got email responses from both (1+ / 0-)
      elwior

Cantwell and Murray stating their objections to this change. The trick will be in keeping them on board to vote against the chained CPI.

Jim McDermott is my congressman, and I trust that he's a strong vote against this misbegotten offer by Obama.

Obama's plan is just the starting point, and basically it's a repub wet dream. It will only get worse from here as the repubs scream and holler. At the point it gets to be "bipartisan", it will be a real POS.

•  I saw Jim McDermott about a month ago . . . (0+ / 0-)

. . .when I was in D.C. behind the Capital building.  He was just walking along by himself.  I said "Congressman McDermott one of my favorite people!"  as I walked by (didn't want to disturb him for more than a second).  He smiled and said thanks.

Money ain't free speech and it won't buy you love.

by waztec on Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 01:53:32 PM PDT

•  Here is what Cantwell wrote (salient part) (0+ / 0-)

"The fundamental principles underlying Social Security are sound. Privatization and other radical reforms are unnecessary and unwise, and I will forcefully oppose attempts to undermine the basic principles upon which Social Security is based. Social Security is a promise to American workers and their dependants, and changing the rules in the middle of the game by eroding benefits or delaying the retirement age undermines that promise."

Money ain't free speech and it won't buy you love.

by waztec on Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 02:04:04 PM PDT