View Diary: GOP campaign chairman calls chained CPI 'trying to balance the budget on the backs of seniors' (256 comments)

•  You tell me where you see rejoicing. These are (26+ / 0-)

the same people who get out the vote, who make the phone calls and send donations to get Democrats elected. None of us are celebrating how much harder that job has just become.

Stop it.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty - Edward R. Murrow

by Susan Grigsby on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 01:55:40 PM PDT

•  This nothing to stop. (0+ / 0-)

You feel betrayed over a proposal that will be rejected in the Senate and more than likely won't see the light of day in the House.  But go ahead, continue on feeling like Pres. Obama is out to destroy lives.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing online commenters that they have anything to say.-- B.F.

by lcj98 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:02:02 PM PDT

•  Where do you even get this stuff? (7+ / 0-)
        But go ahead, continue on feeling like Pres. Obama is out to destroy lives.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty - Edward R. Murrow

by Susan Grigsby on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:05:10 PM PDT

•  From the numerous predicatable diaries... (0+ / 0-)

And the numerous predictable comments and the numerous predictable rec's...  Hell, I'm sure there's already at least 5 comments about how this president doesn't care about the poor and is a Republican with 6 rec's a piece.

Save the indignation.

by lcj98 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:16:21 PM PDT

•  Obama... (5+ / 0-)
        But go ahead, continue on feeling like Pres. Obama is out to destroy lives.
        Obama is wrong on this as he was in not putting forth any effort for a public option. The difference is on this issue he has made sounds all along that he wanted to "reform" Soc. Sec. so we should all not be so shocked. The public option he advocated in 2008 and then just looked away.

"Patients are not consumers" - Paul Krugman

by assyrian64 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:12:02 PM PDT

•  I'm not here to re-argue dead arguments... (0+ / 0-)

But please continue on proclaiming how hippies are always right.

by lcj98 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:20:38 PM PDT

•  Define hippie? (7+ / 0-)

The American public is right about this !  Do not put social security on the table ..BAD IDEA POLITICALLY and morally.

We the People have to make a difference and the Change.....Just do it ! Be part of helping us build a veteran community online. United Veterans of America

by Vetwife on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:35:18 PM PDT

•  No. (1+ / 0-)
              Vetwife

The president isn't the first powerful or influential Democrat to offer changes to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid in a budget.  I'm not claiming this isn't a bad policy but all of this hyperbole and I-told-you-so's get old.  These overreactions gets old.  These questions of Pres. Obama's integrity and intelligence gets old.

This is just a proposed budget, that's it but y'all want to believe the world is going to then fine.  Have fun with that.

"If you don't judge my gold chains...I'll forget the iron chains"-- James "LL Cool J" Todd, GOAT

by lcj98 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:51:13 PM PDT

•  If I have to have a label, hippie it will be. (7+ / 0-)

Check my history since 1953:

^  From 1953 to late 50's, starting as a 6 yo, despised what McCarthy was doing.

^  Went against my family in supporting Pres Kennedy.

^  Took birth control pills as a teen, due to painful periods.  It was illegal (against the Catholic church) in Connecticut to do so.  (thanks Mom & active medical & Planned Parenthood people in New Haven)

^  Picketed and supported those opposing Vietnam War. A major life regret - that I didn't bash GWB over the head with my sign, while in the Yale neighborhood, where he was getting gentleman's C's.

^  Attended MLK, jr "I have a dream" gathering in DC.  (Thank you John for getting me there)

^  First votes were against Nixon.

^  Cheered when Nixon went down because of Watergate.

^  Contacted Congressional reps over many of policies Reagan implemented.

^  Thanks to in-laws embrace of Rush & trying to impeach Clinton, started to get much more active.

^  Active in local & national anti-Iraq war demos.  Attended March for Women's Lives in DC, Million Mom March and others.
            --------------------------------

Now, lcj98, tell many of us (who were much more active than I)  "hippies"  that history hasn't proved us right.

Be respectful of your elders who cut a new path and were RIGHT!

•  ... (0+ / 0-)

First, being on the right side of doesn't make you a hippie.  Second, I'm a grown ass man, do not tell who I should or shouldn't respect.

by lcj98 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 03:27:59 PM PDT

•  Just because your ass has (1+ / 0-)
                3goldens

grown, doesn't mean your mind has too.

I respect those who went before in working for justice and against prejudice and solving problems without warfare.  (Of course the problems that can never be solved are the needs by some for treasure, power, greed, control and fear.)

I'm not here to re-argue dead arguments...    But please continue on proclaiming how hippies are always right.
                You are the one who gave a label.  Some of us remember how the title was/is slung about by those who were disrespectful of justice and unnecessary slaughter.

Some of us respect those before us who paved the way, often in the context of their times - Susan B Anthony, Frederick Douglas, Sojourner Truth, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, the Boston Unitarians, Quakers, doctors in New Haven, Pete Seeger, Honey on the Rock, Buffy St Marie, Mark Twain........and most importantly the "little people."  People who today push back against hunger, ignorance, Holocausts, genocide.

Little People like most of us here.  People like my mother, father and aunt & uncle.  Maybe your grandparents?  The people and abolitionists of Auburn NY who supported Sojourner Truth.  The Unitarians of Rochester & Syracuse who supported Susan B.

The Laundry List gets very long.

Let's just say, I'm not telling you, I'm reminding you.

•  Ok. (1+ / 0-)
            mrgrandefromage

What are you here to do? Feel compelled to comment since you were proven wrong, AGAIN? Say something when you have something to say.

•  Did you say the same thing about Bush (3+ / 0-)
        justmy2, Cynical at Best, 3goldens

and his proposal to privatize social security?  After all, that was never enacted.  But go ahead, I guess, continue on feeling like Pres. Bush was out to destroy lives.

To believe that markets determine value is to believe that milk comes from plastic bottles. Bromley (1985)

by sneakers563 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 02:24:43 PM PDT