View Diary: Mark Sanford: Teh Stupid Burns (91 comments)

•  Nobody should run for office during divorce (2+ / 0-)
    JBL55, drmah

THat's jsut stupid.

I can totally understand that the guy probably needs some stuff at the house, or he wants to talk to his wife, but she won't.  ( I guess you should actually go on a hike if you say you're on a hike)

It's frustrating to a guy when he has some delusional notion that he could solve the problem and right the wrongs somehow.  If only he could talk to her!

I'm just saying that this is the sort of thing that's going through his head.

The guy reaps what he sows, but people do stupid shit to each other when they're getting divorced.  ANd most of it is normal stupid shit that people do when they're getting divorced.

I would suggest to the dumbass that he withdraw from the race so he can focus on resolving his marriage issues.

Streichholzschächtelchen

by otto on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 07:09:41 AM PDT

•  If he needs stuff from the house (4+ / 0-)
      JBL55, miracle11, otto, tobendaro

he can go through his attorney and make arrangements to get the items while she is not there.

He cannot justifiably sneak into the house.  Ever.

Even if he just wants to talk to her.

Why in hell does he want to talk to her?

The guy is totally clueless about his effect on his wife.  Like he doesn't see her as a human being.

My ex was similar.  He cheated on me with a much younger woman (I was 31 at the time!) and humiliated me, and lied to me, and I finally threw him out.

He slept in his car in front of the house one night, and the lender came and took the car, so he asked if he could stay at my house!  Not just for that night, but going forward!  In another room, but still in my house.

I told him no fucking way.  He then took my 5 year old son aside and asked him to ask me why I wouldn't let Daddy stay at the house.

Ugh.

You're right, Sanford needs to withdraw from the race and get his shit together.

And then go the fuck away so we don't have to see his stupid face anymore.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. Barack Obama

by delphine on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 07:24:53 AM PDT

•  Ew. (1+ / 0-)
        otto

My ex cheated on me when I was 29.  Some guys just do that.  His third wife seems to have been the charm, but I'm only going by outward appearances.

I was never blessed with children, but when I hear stories like that I am grateful my ex and I never produced a child he would have (and I'm sure he would have) used in that way.

"The fears of one class of men are not the measure of the rights of another." ~ George Bancroft (1800-1891)

by JBL55 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 07:33:31 AM PDT

•  I'm not justifying it (0+ / 0-)

I'm just pointing out that people do irrational things during divorces, and it is normal for them to do irrational things.

I know that men will do quite a bit only in the name of proving that they aren't that awful person everyone is making them out to be.  So they will try and try and try to have  a discussion about the situation, but when they are rebuked for a discussion, the situation worsens and gets more desperate.

He will try to find excuses that justify going back to the house.  Although, after this, he probably won't do that.

She has been wronged.  For sure.   And when she was wronged, she was hurt, and she won't fully recover from that betrayal.  But, she is in charge of the situation now, because the man's mind is completely befuddled at this.  He has been in charge of everything for so long. He was in control, people would essentially beg him for things.

Now, poof.  The guy is probably running for office so that his former wife will see how successful he is.

Sometimes, guys are really stupid.

Streichholzschächtelchen

by otto on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 07:39:26 AM PDT

•  Yeah they are! (0+ / 0-)

You're right.  I also think sometimes they can't really let go of the attachment to their wives even if they've found someone else and left.

My ex lied for a long time to avoid having to break up because he couldn't fathom living apart from our son.

I bet some men just want to keep feeling like they're in charge of a family that they've left for another.

Who knows?

by delphine on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 02:04:37 PM PDT

•  I'm sorry delphine.. (0+ / 0-)

but how much fricking younger can you get - 31?  Heh - I'm getting too old.

You ex sounds disturbed.

"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity"

by newfie on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 09:25:17 AM PDT

•  You can get to be (1+ / 0-)
          newfie

19.

Seriously.

Nine-fucking-teen.

Already married, with a two year old.

Beautiful, blond, and worshipful.  And didn't expect him to pick up his socks, I guess.

Nineteen.

She probably didn't remember the Queen of Soul . . .

by delphine on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 02:01:45 PM PDT

•  What (0+ / 0-)

a putz.  Good thing for you.

"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity"

by newfie on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 08:58:45 PM PDT

•  I'd feel better (1+ / 0-)
              newfie

if he hadn't married a nice woman about 10 years ago while I remain single.

He may be a putz but he's not a lonely putz.

I may be a gem, but I'm a lonely one.

Bleah, maudlin . . .

My parents were born in Dorchester, MA.  I miss them.  They would be sad today.  It's a tough couple of days . . .

by delphine on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 09:53:55 PM PDT