View Diary: WHO do you want the Boston Marathon bomber to be? (76 comments)

•  I'm sure it wouldn't matter but and (1+ / 0-)
    KenBee

Then there are certainly parallels in other countries of acts done or facilitated by the CIA.

"I'm an antiwar propagandist as accused by democrats. Not even republicans have called me that."

by BigAlinWashSt on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 02:25:59 PM PDT

•  It matters (0+ / 0-)

but there is a fundamental distinction between covert actions in foreign countries and the possibility of such actions being undertaken domestically.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 02:32:49 PM PDT

•  The link was domestically involving the FBI. (0+ / 0-)

by BigAlinWashSt on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 02:42:11 PM PDT

•  Okay, my bad. I made an false assumption (0+ / 0-)

based on your comment.

The article really is largely irrelevant though. It's not question of whether the Government could plan and carry out an act of domestic terror. It's a question of whether there is any instance where it can be shown that they have done so.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 03:18:44 PM PDT

•  Yes there are, but I don't suppose that would (0+ / 0-)

meet your criteria for speculation either.  I wasn't even speculating, just wondering about the vitriol others present when someone does speculate about govt involvement.  I remember when people speculated that the FBI instigated these terrorist act attempts listed in the NYT article and were ripped as tin foil idiots.
            Ever heard of Cointelpro?
            Never mind.  I'm just a crazy Vietnam era vet, 30 year federal govt employee with kids and grandkids.

by BigAlinWashSt on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 03:32:06 PM PDT

•  Very familiar with Cointelpro (0+ / 0-)

having been investigated by the FBI at age 16 for my political and anti-war activities. That was in 1972. If we were talking about something similar in scale and methods to a Cointelpro operation I'd agree with you. But we aren't. Organizing the mass murder and mutilation of citizens for political purposes isn't in the same league.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 03:52:05 PM PDT

•  So you drank the kool aid. :) (0+ / 0-)

It's ok, I'm still a long haired hippie.  Peace.

by BigAlinWashSt on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 04:02:04 PM PDT

•  Considering where "drank the koolade" comes from (0+ / 0-)

that's an ill considered jibe.

Do you really think that anyone who disagrees with you must be delusional?

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 04:13:43 PM PDT

•  I was kidding man. (1+ / 0-)
                    JohnnyBoston

And who's the one inferring delusion by telling me I can't speculate about certain things.  Good grief.  You seem to know what the govt is capable of but want to discourage discussion of it.
                    I'm out, don't follow me around.

by BigAlinWashSt on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 04:22:10 PM PDT

•  Wouldn't dream of following you around (0+ / 0-)

and I never tried to tell you what you could or couldn't speculate on. Just tried to give you clue as to why you were getting such negative reactions.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 04:43:45 PM PDT