View Diary: Breaking News: Gunfire at MIT; officer killed. (264 comments)

•  Situation still extremely dangerous (4+ / 0-)
    Senor Unoball, freesia, 4CasandChlo, Avila

undetonated explosives in area.  One suspect in custody.  At least one suspect still at large.  Stay indoors!

Thanks to President Obama, the Iraq War is Over!

by Viceroy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:19:46 PM PDT

•  Fuck, they've got a guy on the ground, (4+ / 0-)
      Viceroy, 4CasandChlo, Senor Unoball, Avila

cops backing away from him like they're worried about getting too close.

White male, brown hair, wearing a track suit.

Confession time: When I'm not ranting about politics, I write romance novels

by teresahill on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:28:44 PM PDT

•  Scared me just to see it. I can't believe the (4+ / 0-)
        Viceroy, 4CasandChlo, Senor Unoball, Avila

TV reporter got that close.

2 gas stations robbed, TV guys say, maybe suspected robbers. Probably connected to MIT shooting. Anchor says it would be odd to have this sort of crime on same night and not connected.

Confession time: When I'm not ranting about politics, I write romance novels

by teresahill on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:30:10 PM PDT

•  Like Assault weapons weren't enough... (0+ / 0-)

Now we have the loonies carrying bombs and grenades too???

It really is too much crazy going on in this country and I wonder if any of the whores in congress who shot down the gun background checks have considered that the same creeps who set off the bombs at the marathon have access to heavy weapons?

With a 50 caliber sniper rifle that you can get at guns shows and armor piercing rounds you can bring down an airliner if you know where to hit it.

Think a pressure cooker bomb is bad? They could turn a Dreamliner into a cities worst night mare!

How long will it be before someone figures that one out?

•  The first suspect matches general description (2+ / 0-)
      4CasandChlo, Avila

of one the Boston Marathon bombers.  He was made to strip and taken into custody.  Suspect 2 may be in custody - conflicting reports.

Thanks to President Obama, the Iraq War is Over!

by Viceroy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:33:13 PM PDT

•  CNN reporting two suspects in custody. (2+ / 0-)
        4CasandChlo, Avila

Now reports of new explosion. Watching Boston TV 7

Confession time: When I'm not ranting about politics, I write romance novels

by teresahill on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:36:40 PM PDT

•  Yes, white male, the hair matched. (2+ / 0-)
        4CasandChlo, Avila

Couldn't see that much of him. Hair style, hair color, age might match.

Confession time: When I'm not ranting about politics, I write romance novels

by teresahill on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:38:44 PM PDT

•  cnn reporter on the scene (1+ / 0-)
          Avila

said the one stripped naked was not white

•  I didn't see one stripped naked. (1+ / 0-)
            Avila

Confession time: When I'm not ranting about politics, I write romance novels

by teresahill on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:46:53 PM PDT

•  there was a CNN affiliate reporter (1+ / 0-)
              Avila

at the Watertown site that said he watched a suspect stripped naked and taken into police car. He said he thought ( according to only himself) that it looked more like suspect 1 and that he was not white

•  Just heard on scanner (2+ / 0-)
                JNSD, Avila

middle eastern???  This is nuts.

•  You can't really tell from the video (0+ / 0-)

whether it exactly matches the video of the Boston Marathon suspects or the specific race of the suspect.  A positive ID will obviously have to be done (and not by the media).  He's certainly not African American, but he might be from a Middle Eastern country.

It just might be that the bombing case has been broken - the level of police activity seems to indicate that, but there is no official confirmation at all.

The situation seems to have calmed down now - the forensics teams have arrived.  It was very tense there for awhile - hopefully we got em.

Thanks to President Obama, the Iraq War is Over!

by Viceroy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 11:02:39 PM PDT

•  CNN now says 1 suspect in custody. (1+ / 0-)
            Avila

It's just happening too fast to trust any info. But I did see video of the cops with one guy on the ground. White guy, short brown hair, could be suspect No. 1. No one's said that. It's what I saw on Boston TV.

Confession time: When I'm not ranting about politics, I write romance novels

by teresahill on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:53:44 PM PDT

•  Okay TV 7 just now, says 1 suspect shot (1+ / 0-)
          Avila

and at Beth Israel Hospital. 1 other in custody?

Everyone converging on Watertown, all the people in town to investigate the bombing. Boston police, Homeland Security, FBI, coming there.

He's citing police source, unnamed. I don't even know who the guy talking is.

MIT shooting, security officer shot and killed there, Mercedes hijacked, then everyone converging on Watertown.

Confession time: When I'm not ranting about politics, I write romance novels