View Diary: A Reflection on Racism and White Privilege or My Experience at the Safeway Store (103 comments)

•  Oy, now I've had to go and uprate that comment (5+ / 0-)

and I hated that comment. But what's the big deal about the silly joke? If it has a deep dark meaning that the rest of us are missing, it would be better to explain it to us rather than HR.

Please visit: http://www.jkmediasource.org

by Noisy Democrat on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 09:26:45 AM PDT

•  Uprating the comment was wrong. (0+ / 0-)

"Deranged" and "bum" is not the language of a liberal. I'd HR to offset your uprate, but then we'll just get into a bumping war. The comment should have been hidden.

I'd like to start a new meme: "No means no" is a misnomer. It should be "Only 'Yes' means yes." Just because someone doesn't say "No" doesn't mean they've given consent. If she didn't say "Yes", there is no consent.

by second gen on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 10:25:24 AM PDT

•  uprating is standard when it's explained (8+ / 0-)

that the reason is to counteract HR abuse

HRing bcause of a silly joke about how seldom we see Buddhists in one of those three-people-walk-into-a-bar jokes is wrong.

Please visit: http://www.jkmediasource.org

by Noisy Democrat on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 10:28:39 AM PDT

•  I would have HRd it for degrading comments (0+ / 0-)

about homeless mentally ill folks. Which is disgusting. I suppose it would be okay if he threw a retard joke in, while he was at it. Just because you didn't like one HR's explanation doesn't make the comment any more palatable.

by second gen on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 12:25:52 PM PDT

•  I objected to a specific case made for HRing (0+ / 0-)

If you want to launch a different round of HRing on the basis of the insulting term for homeless people -- and I agree it was insulting -- you can go for it. I thought the whole comment was obnoxious as all get-out. But I also assumed that the way to respond was to respond, not HR.

Please visit: http://www.jkmediasource.org

by Noisy Democrat on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 12:45:05 PM PDT

•  I already stated I wasn't going to HR, (1+ / 0-)
              Tonedevil

simply because there are people who thought it was just fine, and would only cause more uprating.

As for "responding", that doesn't work. I've been responding to these types of comments for 7 years. I usually get "don't be so sensitive".

Just pointing out that just because you disagree with a specific reason given for HRing a comment that is clearly HRable, doesn't mean it's a good comment.

Have a nice day.

by second gen on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 02:35:22 PM PDT

•  I am so confused now. (1+ / 0-)
      Noisy Democrat

To up rate or HR, this commenting is so hard.

Severely Socialist