View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 4/22 (321 comments)

•  PA-Sen, Gov,07, it's very clear people want Sestak (1+ / 0-)
    BKGyptian89

back (including yours truly) but my question is which seat is he better positioned for?  I still think he can win his old House seat again and with Corbett being on top of the ballot, he could take some Republicans down with him.  Sestak could be the only Democrat to take that seat.  He could run for Governor but lately I just don't see him in that position.  He's also in great shape for a rematch with Toomey and I think that might be the best race for him.  I think if he saves up now, he'll have a big war chest going into the 2016 Senate race.  If Sestak passes on the Senate race, I'm looking at Treasurer Rob McCord and Congressman Matt Cartwright (D. PA-17) as our top two best choices against Toomey in 2016.  I think Schwartz will end up being the nominee and beating Corbett.

Funny Stuff at http://www.funnyordie.com/oresmas

by poopdogcomedy on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 11:33:10 AM PDT

•  Sestak's probably best option is senate against (7+ / 0-)

Toomey. Toomey's attempt to go to the center on his "compromise" on background checks was probably minimized by his GOP buddies banding together against it. But as noted, running for the House is quite doable (proably a bit harder) but would help Allyson Schwartz. Also, Pa. gun nuts ire might be enough for a few of them to vote for an admiral aginst Toomey (esp. if Sestak didn't take a publicly strong stance against the gun culture).

"They will not collect a ransom in exchange for not crashing the American economy. The full faith and credit of the United States of America is not a bargaining chip."

by TofG on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 11:43:47 AM PDT

•  I'd like to see him go back to the House. (0+ / 0-)

I was really unimpressed with his Senate run and not sure he's right for a statewide race.

President Obama at Madison Rally 9/28/2010 - "Change is not a spectator sport."

by askew on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 12:00:16 PM PDT

•  I think its clear Sestak wants Sestak back (3+ / 0-)
      bythesea, itskevin, askew

I liked him, but I don't think the state is really clamoring for a comeback.

by James Allen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 12:09:08 PM PDT

•  He lives in Pittsburgh now (1+ / 0-)
      poopdogcomedy

teaching at Pitt I believe. that's good that he's trying to establish himself in SWPA.

NY-9/NJ-10; Russians can give you arms but only the United States can give you a solution. -- Anwar Sadat

by BKGyptian89 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 12:26:17 PM PDT

•  Cartwright (1+ / 0-)
      bumiputera

There is no way Philly and Pittsburgh dems would let both Senators be from NEPA. Yes I am aware both Senators are currently from NEPA, but the odds of two democratic senators from there are exceptionally low. Josh Shapiro, Montgomery County Commissioner and a former member of the Dem house leadership would be a plausible candidate if Sestak doesn't run. I'm not entirely sure he could win a primary statewide, but Michael Nutter is term limited out of Philly mayor in 2015 and could be a conceivable possibility. Shapiro would be a much stronger candidate as he would be acceptable to the base, but he has appeal among Specter democrats in the Philly burbs.

Long time lurker finally delurking. (24. Male. Born and currently reside: PA-8. College: PA-1. Grad School PA-2)

by phillymax on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 07:43:31 PM PDT